Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Now the Ragheads are Nicking our Navy!!

hibby said:
Wern't these tubs fitted with GPS? or was it an "opptional extra" that the procurment bean counters left off the list .
Its amazing that Mondeo man and reps in vectras get it as standard ,but the navy cant get it in a war zone 8O

Surprised? You shouldn't be. When the frontline units on Telic 1 couldn't get Noddy suits or respirators that fitted in some cases, what price GPS? MoD beancounter cnuts. :twisted: That said, the Shatt is comparatively narrow and as crowded as a motorway fastlane. You're also assuming our guys were in the wrong. It's possible, on past performance, the Iranian RGs simply nicked across and lifted them for a cheap propaganda shot.

My american alta ego say's 'hoo-ha', and that we park HMS Grafton on the shatt al-arab waterway and tell them were to stick it, shortly after extracting those navy lads.

spank_the_monkey said:
My american alta ego say's 'hoo-ha', and that we park HMS Grafton on the shatt al-arab waterway and tell them were to stick it, shortly after extracting those navy lads.

My british side tells me we'd then lose a frigate too :(

antphilip said:
spank_the_monkey said:

My british side tells me we'd then lose a frigate too :(

Too right,AP. And a lot of its crew. The Iranians have shore batteries, some equipped with pretty effective anti-shipping missiles(Chinese, I believe), dotted all along the Shatt.

Yeah those chinese with their carrier sinking missiles. That would be ironic... new ones come out... new carriers sink...

Anyhow, Iran like NK is a bit of a tougher cookie to crack than the ones that have come before. So i'd have to agree with the whole, "it'll end diplomatically" train of thought.

spank_the_monkey said:
Shot that one out of the water then. Invade, it is the only answer.

We'll file that invasion plan with the one the Canadians have for overrunning the US, then. They've got more chance of achieving that objective than we have with what's available to us. The Iranians favour human-wave attacks. We haven't enough bods for a decent human wave in a football stadium. :cry:

I have a cunning plan.......................let 'em try to invade Iraq by suddenly withdrawing all our assets thus lulling them into a false sense of superiority...(Deception for the potential SC attendee)...then, as they try to cross the Shatt.....release a regiment of fully trained fully committed suicide ducks......each one with a pound (thats 450g's to you Euro fiends) of HE strapped to his well trained chest thus sinking the B'stards all at once :idea:

Tell the loggies we're invading Saudi arabia... their reposistioning would give a large human wave...

Don't know where we go from there though...

Letterwritingman said:
I have a cunning plan.......................let 'em try to invade Iraq by suddenly withdrawing all our assets thus lulling them into a false sense of superiority...(Deception for the potential SC attendee)...then, as they try to cross the Shatt.....release a regiment of fully trained fully committed suicide ducks......each one with a pound (thats 450g's to you Euro fiends) of HE strapped to his well trained chest thus sinking the B'stards all at once :idea:

What sort of ducks?

Letterwritingman said:
I had'nt thought of that but your right ...they should be elite ducks......and more importantly they HAVE to be able to swim 8) 8)

Sorry, due to MoD cutbacks, we only have an under-strength, overstretched platoon of penguins available. Might provide the vital element of suprise, though........ :lol:

spank_the_monkey said:
What, like a 'what the * are penguins doing in Iran, i ask you' sort of suprise?

Yeah. Plus the fact the Ayatollahs' hordes are unlikely to have seen a penguin before. Unless any of 'em watched the Nun's Story on TV. Or the Blues Brothers. Even if they think they're nuns, they'll never twig thet're suicide nuns. Well, it's a plan. Got a better idea?

Then agai, maybe not. We're all forgetting you can't deploy birds in a direct combat role. :cry: