Now the Ragheads are Nicking our Navy!!

got a link LWM?

cheers LWM,
they probably did it to stop the Navy from running aground :roll:

Three vessels, somehow i don't think so.

Zodiac type rigid craft maybe, we will have to wait and see, details are sparse at the moment.

i thought the peeps in the big thingy had all those what do you call them things so they knew where they had to go and stuff?

did he get lost and NOT ask for directions?

NOTE i said HE!!!!!!

Probably a naval patrol investigating suspicious dhows. The water's a relatively narrow strip there. It's a prime smuggling route, both ways. Unlikely to be a "Secret sailors" op gone wrong.

And rum an' baccy. And a small, pretty goat which claimed it had been kidnapped as a sexual plaything. :lol:

claymore said:
It's a prime smuggling route, both ways. Unlikely to be a "Secret sailors" op gone wrong.
all sounds very 'hello sailor' doesnt it!! must say, everyone has always 'known' about what those young fellows in the Navy get up to on the long lonely nights at sea, but I must say that they are being rather open about it these days!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
polyglory said:
Three vessels, somehow i don't think so.

Zodiac type rigid craft maybe, we will have to wait and see, details are sparse at the moment.
'vessels' is an elastic term...equates to ' aircraft' for the Crabs - ie anything that is in the air,powered or unpowered.

Suspect we are talking RIB's - Rigid Inflatable Boats.

There has been a Naval Trg team working with the Iraqi Riverine Service for about a year down there.

Given that the Sky piece says

Iranian naval sources told the offcial station: "The Iranian navy has confiscated three British boats that entered Iranian territorial waters... arresting the crew of eight people.

"On the boats they found weapons and maps."

we are prolly talking either Pacific 22's or poss rigid raiders. 8 guys ?

Coxn + engineer per boat plus 2 passengers.

According to the RN website there is also a Survey ship in the area - HMS Echo.

( << have we got that many ships? >> bloody khaki ignorance - snort)

Le Chevre

( << have we got that many ships? >> bloody khaki ignorance - snort)

Just about. They used to call it the Grand Fleet. Wouldn't make much of an impression in Scapa Flow now. And I think you'll find the men in blue suits call them "boats". Ships are what P&O used to have. :lol:

Will we be sending a Gunboat? :D

The submarine navy always says there are two types of warships: submarines and targets. The "skimmers" classify the big, grey, pointy things - frigates and destroyers - plus the Airfix kits masquerading as carriers, as "ships". Anything you could fit into your bath is a boat. Oary or otherwise. :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pull-up-a-sandbag The NAAFI Bar 74
A_Brace_of_Buns The NAAFI Bar 92
Bugsy The NAAFI Bar 9