Now the RAF are fashion Icons.......

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Non-Combatant, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but if you want any more reason to take the out of our Light Blue Brethern, please look at the following website.

www.rafcollection.com

The website starts of with:

The RAF takes on a different type of runway swapping tarmac for the bright lights of the fashion world with the launch of their new casual clothing collection.

From 'their finest hour' to the cutting edge technology of the modern air force, no other brand in the UK carries with it the inherent Britishness and quality of the Royal Air Force and now you can wear their badges with pride. Developed by a collection of leading designers working with the RAF, this collection builds on the key requirements for air force personnel and equipment: performance under pressure, dependability and capability.

I submit this site for scrutiny and comment, as only members of the ARRSE community can can provide.

2. I thought RAF uniform was casual clothing.

3. Surprisingly enough, the whole debacle was greeted with much derision by our sideways-scuttling buddies, which is pretty good going given their innate fashion sense.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe this was put together by the same shower who tried hard, and failed, to impress Joe Public with the Abingdon 'Spirit of Adventure' farce. So successful was Abingdon that the follow-up show at Kinross Services on the A90 got pulled.

4. I shall now stumble away, shaking my head and giving vent to intermittent burst of hysterical laughter.

Now I know why God invented Anti Aircraft weapons!!!! :twisted:

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

"See what RAF clubbers are wearing in Brighton this season! From 'Flyer's Blue', to 'Village People Grey' these boys are setting the pace. Want to be 'In the village'? Then get down to the RAF Bar (next to the 'Blue Oyster') today for your gay-day specials!

6. Would i be right in assuming that the crabby people get very well paid have you seen the price of a t-shirt??

7. How many times is this going to be posted up? Especially considering the clothing line was released months ago :roll:

8. This is an old story - and they still look like mincers !!

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It's not new. The army are releasing their collection soon, the Navy alreay have one. They feature a nice line in fake Hugo Boss , Paul Smith suits, extra large white hankies, and have a technology section, featuring rather nice i-pods.

The army one is to feature a whole slew of clothing to be rpresentative of the various units.
    RE, for instance, will be dark green coverall type cat suits, with artfully applied sh1t on backsides.
    REME will be a nice line in leisure clothing, but can only be worn between 1100 and 1300, 2 days a week.
    APTC is to be a line of ballet outfits, with rather fetching pumps and cutaway cheek pieces in trousers.

Infantry, with the exception of the guards, will not be represented, as they have no time for leisure clothing.

10. Village people :D

fastmedic

11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No, that's the line from the RMP.