Now thats what I call NAAFI Bar

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by crabtastic, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just read MDN's post on the "funniest thread on Arrse" regarding how the best threads frequently get trashed by knobbers adding shite to them. I am in complete agreement. It's clear that the standing policy of asking posters to be sure what they're adding to these nuggets of comedy gold if worthwhile is simply not working.

I would therefore propose that upon reaching the hallowed grounds of the Best Of Forums, that they are locked and recorded for posterity. If people want to comment on something, they can just start another thread. As things are, it's not unlike someone looking up at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and thinking "Hmm, some artex would look lovely up there."
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Seconded. I am sick of seeing people adding yet another iteration of the 'sausage, massage, passage' story to the 'Quotes for the field' thread.
  3. That reminds me of this really funny story. Once I called my Sgt Sarge and guess what.................. :roll:

Agreed, close them
  4. Much as I hesitate to post as a mere 'soap dodging wierdo' howsa about taking the greatest threads (STUMPY!!!), cutting the comments and misc posts and either banging them together as a word doc or pdf and letting people pass them around t'internet.

I forwarded the Stumpy thread to my old fella and he nearly shat a kidney, even though he reads the Guardian.

He also reckons this site has the material for a book (and before you scoff, he's a published author and journo [not that sort].

Lets do the equivalent of binding the greatest in Vellum and flogging them to the gentry for ten guineas.

Note: may ahve been reading too much Patrick O'Brien

PM for cunning plan