Now thats what I call ADMIN

That moment when a light bulb turns on in your head and everything becomes easier...
For me it was when I was shown tinfoil over the bottom of your mess tins.
Another good one was a range warden who had sewn fur into his pockets!

Everyone knows someone who is "mr Admin", any tips out there where a little bit of effort makes life so much easier?

llech said:
When someone showed me if I removed the centre sausage from a tin of sausage's...... :D
Oh it was you was it? No wonder those ones always tasted salty.

I like this one.
cut diagnoly across the card on hexy block in a cross and peel back the card, score the top of the block and light the folded back card. stays lit for ages and uses **** all of the hexy. When finished fold the cooker lid back down to put it out and put it away.

Takes a wee while to heat up your meals though

44 pattern aluminium water bottle and the mug with black carpet tape on the rim. Don't worry with carrying mess tins. I have heard that someone makes a similar updated item now?

"Point to the front" "Point to the front"

Just a handy little reminder when you're charging your mags or fitting your mag to the rifle...

W

Wolf_Nipplechips

If you don't want to be identified on photographs, put a strip of harry black maskers over your eyes.

For a 2 week Exercise take 21 disposable spoons with you, that will save you having to lick it clean before putting it back into your pocket after each scoff and means you'll always have a clean one for kit inspections. :p

Tape a bit of commando cord to your spoon and attach it to your smock, stops you losing the damn thing all the time, just remember to take it out your pocket prior to washing. If you dont wash then enjoy the crusty bits that seem welded on to your spoon when you use it 6 weeks later. For the AGC out there that might be a year later, so remeber to clean it.

Note

Commando cord is like para cord but harder

I find you can use nobo whiteboard magnets to hold your music on the stand. This works much better than using knicker elastic as over time this tends to become slack.

mainly 1 for members of CAMus i suppose

Standby_for_Targets! said:
For a 2 week Exercise take 21 disposable spoons with you, that will save you having to lick it clean before putting it back into your pocket after each scoff and means you'll always have a clean one for kit inspections. :p
This is a very good tip but I have never found a plastic desert fork to go with the spoon so I feel I will have to stick with Sheffield's finest stainless steel in the field.!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
garyrjb said:
Standby_for_Targets! said:
This is a very good tip but I have never found a plastic desert fork to go with the spoon so I feel I will have to stick with Sheffield's finest stainless steel in the field.!
Get extra spoons and use your Leatherman* to cut tines into it. Voilà! Desert Fork!

*Other knife type gadgets are available.

S

stevieni22

Boiling noodles inside a plastic bag inside your metal mug,hence noodles not being all over your mug - you do need some water in the mug before you put the noodles inside the bag in!