Now thats what I call ADMIN

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by dirk_digler, Jun 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That moment when a light bulb turns on in your head and everything becomes easier...
    For me it was when I was shown tinfoil over the bottom of your mess tins.
    Another good one was a range warden who had sewn fur into his pockets!

Everyone knows someone who is "mr Admin", any tips out there where a little bit of effort makes life so much easier?
  2. When someone showed me if I removed the centre sausage from a tin of sausage's...... :D
  3. Oh it was you was it? No wonder those ones always tasted salty.
  4. Prefer not to get involved at all! Not many places to plug in a BV in a trench.
  5. Come to think of it, it was a Regimental Cook who showed me! :chef:
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I can promise you that tomatoes will be absolutely no use when digging in to Stage 3 apart from as a light snack!
  7. Picking out the zips in your C95 shirts makes them loads easier to iron.
  8. I like this one.
    cut diagnoly across the card on hexy block in a cross and peel back the card, score the top of the block and light the folded back card. stays lit for ages and uses **** all of the hexy. When finished fold the cooker lid back down to put it out and put it away.

Takes a wee while to heat up your meals though
  9. 44 pattern aluminium water bottle and the mug with black carpet tape on the rim. Don't worry with carrying mess tins. I have heard that someone makes a similar updated item now?
  10. "Point to the front" "Point to the front"

Just a handy little reminder when you're charging your mags or fitting your mag to the rifle...
  11. If you don't want to be identified on photographs, put a strip of harry black maskers over your eyes.
  12. For a 2 week Exercise take 21 disposable spoons with you, that will save you having to lick it clean before putting it back into your pocket after each scoff and means you'll always have a clean one for kit inspections. :p