Now that's what I call a pet...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wordsmith, May 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The actress Tippi Hedren always an interest in big cats - so she ended up with several dozen living in and around her house in Los Angeles

A Pet Lion????

A few photos - more in the above link. They date back to the 70s/80s.

(The girl in the photo is a very young Melanie Griffith).

Hedren always said she had the only house in LA that was never at risk of being burgled - I wonder why?

2. Probably because the decor is dreadful and there is fuck all worth nicking.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Los Angeles is the big clue here. Fruit & Nuts folks............ fruit & nuts....................................
  4. That's all very well until Leo wakes up one morning with a headache and an empty belly and decides he can't wait for her to open a tin!
  5. That's some fuckin' big growler she has.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. We used to have one as a guard dog in a scrap yard in Barnsley.
    • Like Like x 2

7. Was it this one?

View attachment 75709
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

She was a Rottweiler, Hun. Big, black, stumpy tail, covered in sump oil, lived on a piss stained mattress in the back of a transit van, ate raw sheeps lungs and answered to the name of Babs.

A lion is a yellow cat who lives in Africa. Not Yorkshire. Don't get confused.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. No my love it was a Lion, the vet used to tend to it in an old lorry back.
  10. Bet they didn't get many Zebra breaking in.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I do not recall the vet ever tending to Babs until the day she died. Just by the back gates with a 1972 BMW prop shaft embedded in her skull. This was about the time you told Dekka the Monkey to do night shifts because the flying vampires were after the headliners of Ford Granadas to make cocoons for their spawn in the Big Shed, and the lights in the sky were telling you to do unspeakable things.

Happy days and we all feel joy that you are better now. But if you say we had lion back then, hey, we had a lion Bro. No sweat.
  12. I can't imagine anyone broke in but he sold up, moved to America and struck oil on his land I seem to recall.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It's true my angel faced cherub.
  14. Fuck me! where can I get one?
  15. Phone Miss Ellie, she'd appreciate a back scuttling too.