Now that's what I call a pet...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The actress Tippi Hedren always an interest in big cats - so she ended up with several dozen living in and around her house in Los Angeles

A Pet Lion????

A few photos - more in the above link. They date back to the 70s/80s.

Lion-1.jpg

Lion-2.jpg

(The girl in the photo is a very young Melanie Griffith).

Lion-3.jpg

Lion-4.jpg

Hedren always said she had the only house in LA that was never at risk of being burgled - I wonder why?

Wordsmith

Los Angeles is the big clue here. Fruit & Nuts folks............ fruit & nuts....................................

That's all very well until Leo wakes up one morning with a headache and an empty belly and decides he can't wait for her to open a tin!

That's some fuckin' big growler she has.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
We used to have one as a guard dog in a scrap yard in Barnsley.
She was a Rottweiler, Hun. Big, black, stumpy tail, covered in sump oil, lived on a piss stained mattress in the back of a transit van, ate raw sheeps lungs and answered to the name of Babs.

A lion is a yellow cat who lives in Africa. Not Yorkshire. Don't get confused.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
She was a Rottweiler, Hun. Big, black, stumpy tail, covered in sump oil, lived on a piss stained mattress in the back of a transit van, ate raw sheeps lungs and answered to the name of Babs.

A lion is a yellow cat who lives in Africa. Not Yorkshire. Don't get confused.
No my love it was a Lion, the vet used to tend to it in an old lorry back.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
No my love it was a Lion, the vet used to tend to it in an old lorry back.
I do not recall the vet ever tending to Babs until the day she died. Just by the back gates with a 1972 BMW prop shaft embedded in her skull. This was about the time you told Dekka the Monkey to do night shifts because the flying vampires were after the headliners of Ford Granadas to make cocoons for their spawn in the Big Shed, and the lights in the sky were telling you to do unspeakable things.

Happy days and we all feel joy that you are better now. But if you say we had lion back then, hey, we had a lion Bro. No sweat.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I do not recall the vet ever tending to Babs until the day she died. Just by the back gates with a 1972 BMW prop shaft embedded in her skull. This was about the time you told Dekka the Monkey to do night shifts because the flying vampires were after the headliners of Ford Granadas to make cocoons for their spawn in the Big Shed, and the lights in the sky were telling you to do unspeakable things.

Happy days and we all feel joy that you are better now. But if you say we had lion back then, hey, we had a lion Bro. No sweat.
It's true my angel faced cherub.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's true my angel faced cherub.
So did the flying vampires who were after the headliners of Ford Granadas to make cocoons for their spawn in the Big Shed ever hatch out? Me and Dekka had a bit poke about with scaffy poles, more to keep you on-side during the 'episode' but we just got covered in dust.

We sometimes wonder if the vampires ever hatched out and flew.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
So did the flying vampires who were after the headliners of Ford Granadas to make cocoons for their spawn in the Big Shed ever hatch out? Me and Dekka had a bit poke about with scaffy poles, more to keep you on-side during the 'episode' but we just got covered in dust.

We sometimes wonder if the vampires ever hatched out and flew.
I don't know I was very young at the time but Star wars was good.

Now I'm not so sure about this. I have a cat, just a little one, but a cat all the same. It
lives a happy (typically lazy) cat life, you know licking itself, sleeping on the window sill in the sun, eating. Now it enjoys a pet on the head as much as the next spoiled cat but every now and then the little bugger will snap and just lash out at my hand with its claws and teeth.

Now this will leave the odd scratch...which is fine for a cat.

A lion is a cat, if it turns (which it will) it would take your sodding arm off!!!

"Right lads we need to get this job finished."
"Troopy, not beein' funny like, but they're fucking shooting at us!"

T

trowel

Now I'm not so sure about this. I have a cat, just a little one, but a cat all the same. It
lives a happy (typically lazy) cat life, you know licking itself, sleeping on the window sill in the sun, eating. Now it enjoys a pet on the head as much as the next spoiled cat but every now and then the little bugger will snap and just lash out at my hand with its claws and teeth.

Now this will leave the odd scratch...which is fine for a cat.

A lion is a cat, if it turns (which it will) it would take your sodding arm off!!!

"Right lads we need to get this job finished."
"Troopy, not beein' funny like, but they're fucking shooting at us!"
Do you own a shovel? It seems to me that a feline/hand held excavation implement interface is long overdue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpTax The NAAFI Bar 14
Peli23 The NAAFI Bar 307
Roadster280 The NAAFI Bar 59