Now thats Bible bashing

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Private_Pike, Mar 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...and if the story was in UK it would read -

"The police arrested the Churchgoers for assault and GBH. All charges were dropped against the burglar.

After treatment for his injuries the Burglar took the Church to court and was awarded £1.2M for injuries and embarrasment. The members of the congregation were all awarded 18 months in jail."

2. Absolutely outrageous!

As a burglar, in the UK the church would have been classified as his place of work. Therefore he would have been under the protection of the Health and Safety ay Work Act, and as such entitled to a safe working environment. The pensioners would be issued with ASBOs and tagged.

'And on Tonight with Trevor MacDonald, the growing threat posed by out-of-control OAPs...'

3. Now at last you might have a glimse of my world and understand why we minister work so hard at our sermons.

There's little more dangerous in all of creation than a bunch of born again pensioners. That's why I've joined the army, the enemy is never likely to be more dangerous than them!

Also, another plus. With the army at least you know who's shooting at you and almost all of the time they are definitely not wearing the same uniform (American, please disregard this bit ;-) ),

P

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Padre, I see your avatar has changed, does that mean that your 'calling' has been heard by Glasgow?

BTW - surely born again pensioners are more likely to be vociferous as they are next for the queue at the Pearly Gates!

5. I believe Monty Python already covered out of control OAP's :p

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

7. Thanks for noticing avatar,

Someone posted me it.

I'm told that clearance and everthting has gone through - awaiting my posting orders and deployment as soon as CRB hits mat!

P