Now that is what I call a hat!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spursluv, Oct 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you think the MOD will allow you to grow your hair like that? you'd only need to dye it and clip a badge on the front!

You'd never need to worry about losing your beret on a windy parade ground! :lol:
  2. Hahaha good idea!
  3. can any one actually understand what he is saying though??
  4. Cha mon!
  5. Dem Jamaican dem a talk crazy !

Apparently because it's got it's own identifiable syntax (whatever that means) patois qualifies as a separate language, rather than being a form of English (even though a lot is carried over from English and other languages in Jamaican history).

Always makes me laugh when some wannabe 'rude-bwoy' who was obviously born and bred in UK tries to speak it like he's from da Yard - rhaaaatid !!

You've gotta read the whole lot for the full effect, anyone been in Belize and listened/read any kriol/creole ?
  6. Not as challenging as pidgin in PNG- where HRH The Duke of Edinburgh translates as "fellah him b'long Queenie"!
  7. "His friends had hat,s he didn't. He's a barber, he put one mirror in front of him and one behind to cut the hair like he did.

He won a contest with the style and got a box of Guinness for him and his friends.

On his way home from a party, a policeman shone a torch on the hairstyle and couldn't believe it, and when he went to the station to show him in daylight, the policeman shook his hand and told him that he had a talent."

Its not that hard but think that's enough. More than enough. :p

8. I believe they based his voice on Jamaican patois (?) - any trekkies out there ?
  9. Wah gwan me breadbin?
  10. LOL Raas Claat!