Now I see why the PSAO is such a grumpy old bugger

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

:)

SYDNEY (Reuters Life!) - Bad moods can actually be good for you, with an Australian study finding that being sad makes people less gullible, improves their ability to judge others and also boosts memory.

The study, authored by psychology professor Joseph Forgas at the University of New South Wales, showed that people in a negative mood were more critical of, and paid more attention to, their surroundings than happier people, who were more likely to believe anything they were told.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE5A10ZP20091102

2. Our PSAO is on a permanent high...unnervingly so :lol: :? 8O , perhaps you're just unlucky?

3. Grumpy is good.

So good, in fact, that I'm off to scowl at myself in the mirror!

:(

Lits

4. PSAO seemed v.happy when I bought him a copy of Modern Warfare 2 for £22 :p

5. Was that with the 'medeval castles and bows' add on?

6. Brown noser! :lol:

7. Being charge hand for a few hours a week to a set of casual labourers would certainly perk up my demeanour

8. Getting back to normal service but still missing the usual 'frothing at the mouth vitriol' we know and love mate. Have you been smoking weed or something or just suddenly found the love of a good woman? :lol:

9. I was hoping for 2 things, a monumental bite and a reference to the deceased, your shield is however too strong, this relationship is over x

10. You need to change tactics. If you keep fighting the same 'enemy' you learn his moves and how to counter them...you one-trick softy :p :lol:

11. Cant, MSR is weakening me with shameful post cutting, for a man who has repeatedly trawled the t'internet looking for plummy scuzz to accompany him to pretend mess functions his standards are pretty high :)

12. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tea hitting screen interface moment as our American cousins might say

13. Well, this entire thread is about PSAOs ...

On the other hand, nope, the PSAO is a grumpy old bugger because he has been carefully selected for grumpiness and perversion. Age is merely strongly correlated rather than a selection criteria.

Any putative health benefits are already compensated for by an additional actuarial reduction in his pension. Which creates a positive feedback loop ...

14. We must have the exception to the rule down our way then. Unnervingly cheerful for the majority of the time; always happy to help and I have'nt even had to bribe him with computer games :roll: :wink: . He's even a Ginge!!!!!!!!! 8O :lol: