Now bus drivers demand £500 bonus for working the Olympics or they'll walk out.

Bunch of greedy fuckin *******!! Sack the fuckin lot of them...I'm sure the's loads of unemployed drivers out there who'd be glad of the wage..what's next....

BBC News - London bus workers 'could strike' for Olympics pay

Bus workers in London have said they want a £500 payment for being on duty during next year's Olympic Games.

Trade union, Unite, has written to bus operators on behalf of up to 28,000 employees raising the threat of industrial action if a deal is not agreed.

It said £500 would be in line with what other London transport staff will be receiving for working during the Games.

Transport for London has called for a resolution with minimal disruption.
'World-beaters'

It comes a day after Tube drivers announced that they will hold 24-hour strikes on four days, including Boxing Day.

They want triple pay and a day off in lieu for working on the bank holiday.

Unite has argued that an extra 800,000 passengers are expected to travel on buses during the Olympics, generating "significant" extra revenue.

Fair play to them. I disagree with it, but a precedence was set. When people buckle to threats, they might as well spend their time on their knees.

The Olympics is going to be a giant fiasco anyway, but as long as big business can make profit, who cares about anything else.

I don't blame them frankly....having to fight your way through thousands of ghastly foreigners.

Anyway if they go on strike we can call up the Army to drive the buses... they can't all be on guard duties.

Do Bus Drivers get any profit sharing?..e.g. how much more in takings will LT get, maybe a percentage of this could be agreed as a 'bonus?'....and maybe this is what the drivers have based their demand on?

Just saying like.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
For once I don't blame Unite. They are just trying it on. I blame Boris Johnson and the spineless gits at Transport For London. As soon as they got a whiff that tube drivers were taking the piss with £50k a year to push some buttons they should have found a pretext to re-write contracts for the entire TFL staff. Don't like your new contract? Feel free to explore the buoyant jobs market out there.

But no. They caved in from the off. So Unison will sort the bus drivers then its on to medics, admins and the bin men. Bonuses and trebles all round.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
"It comes a day after Tube drivers announced that they will hold 24-hour strikes on four days, including Boxing Day.They want triple pay and a day off in lieu for working on the bank holiday"

This little sentence caught my eye, apparently the tube drivers are striking on a day they aren't even working as according to The Metro, there will be no tubes open from around 21:00 - 24/12/2011 until 07:00 - 27/12/2011, giving the lazy ******* 60 hours away from the job.

Taking the piss for sure, but can't knock 'em for trying it on.

If employees don't have somebody fighting their corner and pushing for better terms and conditions, then they usually end up underpaid, under resourced and over stretched.

A bit like the army really.

Scum sucking pieces of shit. I would sack the lot of them and get drivers who are grateful for a job.

I also note the following quote from the Tube drivers "They want triple pay and a day off in lieu for working on the bank holiday." Are they for real? Why do employers stand up for that? I would definitely bin the **** wits.

Taking the piss for sure, but can't knock 'em for trying it on.

If employees don't have somebody fighting their corner and pushing for better terms and conditions, then they usually end up underpaid, under resourced and over stretched.

A bit like the army really.
Thats true, but this is taking the piss.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Thats true, but this is taking the piss.
Yes i'm all for people getting good terms and conditions but also a company has to make money to pay them in the first place.
It's a normal working week and maybe more drivers will be working anyway - more money into the economy and less people unemployed - even if it's for a short period.
I can't see how it will be much different, the bus won't drive any faster and you'll only get so many passengers on each.

Latest Threads