Now bus drivers demand £500 bonus for working the Olympics or they'll walk out.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bunch of greedy fuckin *******!! Sack the fuckin lot of them...I'm sure the's loads of unemployed drivers out there who'd be glad of the wage..what's next....

BBC News - London bus workers 'could strike' for Olympics pay

2. The Outrage Bus® has been cancelled as we can't afford the drivers bonus.
    • Like Like x 9
  3. It's a normal working day, they don't need a bonus.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. If they get it, how about a £500 bonus for each and every member of HM Armed Forces that covers the Games? Fairs fair after all.
    • Like Like x 9
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Tis alright,we'll get a stab to drive...
  6. and that's the reason why UK is sinking- too many spoiled ********* :|
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hold on I'll be working, where's my ******* boss...
  8. Fair play to them. I disagree with it, but a precedence was set. When people buckle to threats, they might as well spend their time on their knees.

The Olympics is going to be a giant fiasco anyway, but as long as big business can make profit, who cares about anything else.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I don't blame them frankly....having to fight your way through thousands of ghastly foreigners.

Anyway if they go on strike we can call up the Army to drive the buses... they can't all be on guard duties.
  10. Do Bus Drivers get any profit sharing?..e.g. how much more in takings will LT get, maybe a percentage of this could be agreed as a 'bonus?'....and maybe this is what the drivers have based their demand on?

Just saying like.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

For once I don't blame Unite. They are just trying it on. I blame Boris Johnson and the spineless gits at Transport For London. As soon as they got a whiff that tube drivers were taking the piss with £50k a year to push some buttons they should have found a pretext to re-write contracts for the entire TFL staff. Don't like your new contract? Feel free to explore the buoyant jobs market out there.

But no. They caved in from the off. So Unison will sort the bus drivers then its on to medics, admins and the bin men. Bonuses and trebles all round.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. **** off and just do your ******* job, for the wage you originally agreed....
  13. "It comes a day after Tube drivers announced that they will hold 24-hour strikes on four days, including Boxing Day.They want triple pay and a day off in lieu for working on the bank holiday"

This little sentence caught my eye, apparently the tube drivers are striking on a day they aren't even working as according to The Metro, there will be no tubes open from around 21:00 - 24/12/2011 until 07:00 - 27/12/2011, giving the lazy ******* 60 hours away from the job.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. X59

X59 LE

Taking the piss for sure, but can't knock 'em for trying it on.

If employees don't have somebody fighting their corner and pushing for better terms and conditions, then they usually end up underpaid, under resourced and over stretched.

A bit like the army really.
  15. Scum sucking pieces of shit. I would sack the lot of them and get drivers who are grateful for a job.

I also note the following quote from the Tube drivers "They want triple pay and a day off in lieu for working on the bank holiday." Are they for real? Why do employers stand up for that? I would definitely bin the **** wits.
    • Like Like x 2