Now at sandhurst.

bedended

War Hero
Morning All,
I was going to post this in the 'News From India' thread as it was in one of the local 'comics' here but thought it might be better in here.

E2a. Mods, feel free to move/delete if not relevant

Attachments

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
An odd article, given that most readers won't be allowed in to see it.

bedended

War Hero
An odd article, given that most readers won't be allowed in to see it.
Morning @Daxx and @Harry Clampers,
A)Possibly just an interesting space filler for former Sandhurst trained Indian officers here.
B)Probably should be capitalised but it is in a local 'comic' and the level of grammar, spelling and general use of the English language is hilarious. That's why I spend R/s.22 every day on four 'comics', just to cheer me up:)

Similar to West African/Kenyan/Ugandan journalism. Never fals to raise a laugh.

UpInThemGuts

Swinger
Morning @Daxx and @Harry Clampers,
A)Possibly just an interesting space filler for former Sandhurst trained Indian officers here.
B)Probably should be capitalised but it is in a local 'comic' and the level of grammar, spelling and general use of the English language is hilarious. That's why I spend R/s.22 every day on four 'comics', just to cheer me up:)
what a fanny

This is true. Bloody keyboard getting past it. Keep having to go back and insert letters that have gone AWOL. Seems I missed one.

Interesting. Maybe it would be a good thing if Earth could arrange a tour and see how the old British Indian Army was a force for good in that part of the world in the days of the Raj. Wouldn't hurt Redshift any either.

Why's that?
:) There never was a 'British Indian Army'

The Indian Army was "the force recruited locally and permanently based in India, together with its expatriate British officers."
The British Army in India consisted of British Army units posted to India for a tour of duty, and which would then be posted to other parts of the Empire or back to the UK.
The Army of India consisted of both the Indian Army and the British Army in India.

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's really about what foreign armies need. Posh British Army Officers drinking gin and telling Johnny Foreigners what to do.

That’s a whole month of extras and Pan bashing right there. All those gats being lent up against a wall, ffs! Next you’ll be telling me you left your pocket button undone...

The cocking handles on those weapons seem to be circular, and fixed In position, my* SLR's handle is flat, and black, and triangular to the hinge base, what variant are these? (* Decommissioned pre 1995)

Last edited:

Latest Threads