Novels of Peter Temple

Any Arrsers know the works of Peter Temple? SA born, Australian resident, his books are beautifully crafted crime thrillers set in Australia. Often involving corruption in high police or political places, I can thoroughly recommend them.
There are around a dozen books, 4 involving the lawyer turned PI & cabinet maker Jack Irish, the rest being standalones. Exquisitely plotted, brilliantly written & with pin sharp dialogue.
I commend them to the House.

Seconded. There is also an Australian Broadcasting Corp. (ABC) TV series.
There is, I have it on DVD. I also noted some episodes on my Virgin Media box that I don't recognise so there may be new stories...

Seconded. There is also an Australian Broadcasting Corp. (ABC) TV series.
Hurrumph and buggerit! I had a look on ABC (using my NordVPN skill's), whilst there are lots of proggies there to enjoy it appears the Jack Irish series is archived.

Hurrumph and buggerit! I had a look on ABC (using my NordVPN skill's), whilst there are lots of proggies there to enjoy it appears the Jack Irish series is archived.
I have Virgin Media & the box records stuff it thinks I might like, I turned it on one day & there were the Jack Irish episodes (not watched yet). I presume they came from one of the cable channels, I'll look later & see if the source is given.

Any Arrsers know the works of Peter Temple? SA born, Australian resident, his books are beautifully crafted crime thrillers set in Australia. Often involving corruption in high police or political places, I can thoroughly recommend them.
There are around a dozen books, 4 involving the lawyer turned PI & cabinet maker Jack Irish, the rest being standalones. Exquisitely plotted, brilliantly written & with pin sharp dialogue.
I commend them to the House.
Not only set in Australia. For example, "In The Evil Day" travels from South Africa to Germany to Scotland. I came across it when driving from Tasmania to Darwin in the Northern Territory and bought it as an audio book and was rapt. His heroes are distinctly non-heroic and with the Jack Irish novels, there is a fantastic comic strain to them.

@BaronBoy, Thanks for the clarification. I've got that one but not read it yet. I have enjoyed all the ones I've read so I hope it'll be good. sounds like it from your write up.

I have Virgin Media & the box records stuff it thinks I might like, I turned it on one day & there were the Jack Irish episodes (not watched yet). I presume they came from one of the cable channels, I'll look later & see if the source is given.
Ta muchly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
angular The Book Club 2
Gluck_ab Films, Music and All Things Artsy 4
R The NAAFI Bar 0