Nottingham Students’ Home Fire – Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
If you go to this website, you’ll find an explanation of what happened: http://gogetfunding.com/project/nottinghamstudentfire

Fortunately, no-one was injured, but the firefighters are still hard at work mopping up little nests here and there and the roads are still closed. It was an awful tragedy and saw the destruction of a beautiful old building with so much character. We actually live about 200 yards away from the place and we watched in horror as it slowly burned away.

I know quite a few of the students who lived there and a lot of them really do have nothing left from their personal possessions. I know it’s not the usual type of request, but if any ARRSErs can see their way clear to making a small donation, it would be very much appreciated.

A further request: all those who pop up on any thread I’m on just to take their cheap shots at me. Please try and resist your usual juvenile and petty impulses and use other threads for it and not this one. Thanks.

MsG

Haven't the students got families and bods at the university to look after them ?

Plus the donations on that site are going to an individual as far as I can see. No chance.

Haven't the students got families and bods at the university to look after them ?
There are also over 30000 students in Nottingham, I'm sure they can stump up a few quid each.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Why would I donate to students ? They've done sweet FA .
Because a lot of them are in a bit of a fix at the moment? And although the site was set up by Shahin (who I know personally), she's only one of a number of students (and others) who are administering it. This really is a bit of an emergency. Some of the students don't even have their passports anymore and a lot of them are from "normal" families.

MsG

If you go to this website, you’ll find an explanation of what happened: http://gogetfunding.com/project/nottinghamstudentfire

Fortunately, no-one was injured, but the firefighters are still hard at work mopping up little nests here and there and the roads are still closed. It was an awful tragedy and saw the destruction of a beautiful old building with so much character. We actually live about 200 yards away from the place and we watched in horror as it slowly burned away.

I know quite a few of the students who lived there and a lot of them really do have nothing left from their personal possessions. I know it’s not the usual type of request, but if any ARRSErs can see their way clear to making a small donation, it would be very much appreciated.

A further request: all those who pop up on any thread I’m on just to take their cheap shots at me. Please try and resist your usual juvenile and petty impulses and use other threads for it and not this one. Thanks.

MsG
You live in Radford? No wonder you're on heroin.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd be invoicing the c**ts for burning it down, the c**s were probably mashed on marryjoowana and left the Samosa pan on.
There's been no investigation of the cause at the moment (up to today, Monday, 06 April) so I've no idea what happened there. As soon as I find out, I'll post it.

MsG

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
It's Hyson Green, actually.

MsG
Which is basically nothing but an empty Morrisons and some slum flats.

If the universe ever requires an enema Hyson Green is where the hose will go.

I've got the address of someone in Beeston Rylands who would love to have about 40 of them camping out in the back garden if they are stuck for somewhere to stay.

The house is technically half mine anyway.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Claim off insurance?
Some have insurance, some couldn't afford it. There's also some talk about the owners have some special type of insurance too. The thing is that it'll take a while to sort that out and the young folks need help now. It's not just that many of them have only the clothes on their backs, but also that they've lost all their notes, books, laptops and other necessary items that are vital to their studies. The unis are doing their best, but it's all a bit sparing at the moment (especially because of Easter being in between). That's why it'd be good if we could drum up a few donations to tide them over until things can be sorted out properly.

MsG

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer

Do you mean the Morrisons between the Ferrari and Rolls Royce dealers, by any chance?:D

Anyway, we like it here. Great folks!

MsG

Well to be fair since the Jam rolls moved in its not to bad a place. The Red Lion is on the tram route and thats about the best pub in Nottingham but that might be classed as Basford.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I've got the address of someone in Beeston Rylands who would love to have about 40 of them camping out in the back garden if they are stuck for somewhere to stay.

That actually sounds like a plan there, Sluggy. It's going to take a while to sort out alternative accommodation anyway and many folks are working on the problem as we speak (or write). I might well take you up on the offer. If so, I'll PM you, if that's OK. Sorting out tentage and stuff won't be a problem, since we've got that covered.

MsG

Boots have got a huge building they never use. D6 just inside the Beeston gate. Could house half the students in Nottingham in the there.

Status
Not open for further replies.