Notting Hill Carnival

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maccabonga, Aug 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some say it should be cancelled, others say it should go ahead. I think that the carnival could potentially turn into a bloodbath. I can't believe that it's on.
  2. When is it?.............
  3. August Bank Holiday, in 2 weeks....I don't want it ruining my trip back to England!!
  4. A bloodbath? How so?
  5. I thought it was all hippies and veggies that went to this and not scroats of the lowest order? But im old and unwise to things like this... :D

Edit ...Got my wire's crossed with another event ..Time for the medication..
  6. I certainly think it shouldn't be held in a residential area - it must be a complete nightmare for peolpe who live there. It shouldn't be cancelled though - the children will have spent months preparing dance routines, music etc.

It has been suggested moving it to Hyde Park in the past - this seems a good solution to me. I think that would make it less of a burden on the Met - it it's cancelled it is giving in to thugs
  7. It should be cancelled.
  8. If it goes ahead there will probably be trouble, if it doesn't go ahead there will be trouble so let it go ahead
  9. In theory yes but it is a Caribbean event and how to put this, their community are somewhat prone to active participation in criminal acts during this carnival and it is a total waste of police time as it always kicks off and always requires heavy policing!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Let it go ahead, keep a heavy police presence, armour and non-persistent nerve agent handy for if it kicks off.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It would be silly to try to ban it. The community would hold it anyway and preventing it would start a riot.
    A bit catch 22. It will be good cover to organise a riot.
  12. It's a bank holiday so it's bound to rain if not there is always water canon
  13. If nowt else it'll give plod a chance to eyeball all the little scroats who've been in hiding for a few weeks! I say let it go ahead but plaster cctv shots of those still 'wanted' alles uber der platz!
  14. It should be cancelled every year!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. give them enough rope to hang themselves.

If it is cancelled they wil cry foul of the fascist state excluding them from society. If they hold it and it goes wrong we can prove they are all miscreants.