Notre Dame Cathedral ablaze

My local news informs me that some local estates are offering their oak trees to help the rebuilding effort.
Can green oak be used for such a project? Surely it will need several years to dry out before it could be used.

My local news informs me that some local estates are offering their oak trees to help the rebuilding effort.
Can green oak be used for such a project? Surely it will need several years to dry out before it could be used.
Given that Macron has said 5 years (to the Olympics) and the Mayor of Paris estimates 6 years for reconstruction, there may be time for drying out of newly-felled oak trees.

I did some googling on the subject last night. Apparently green oak is favoured because it locks the joints tighter when it twists as it dries out.

Surprised me but I suppose structures are slightly different to furniture and timber floors.

Given that Macron has said 5 years (to the Olympics) and the Mayor of Paris estimates 6 years for reconstruction, there may be time for drying out of newly-felled oak trees.
Oak is a barsteward to dry for burning let alone load bearing construction. 6 years is nowhere near enough to ensure its stable.

I did some googling on the subject last night. Apparently green oak is favoured because it locks the joints tighter when it twists as it dries out.

Surprised me but I suppose structures are slightly different to furniture and timber floors.
Which is fine for a two car garage or a wee house,but something on the ND scale?

Funniest thing I read was they managed to save the valuable artefacts, including the crown of thorns worn by Jesus when he was crucified.

Except there is no such thing as Jesus Christ, a Crown of Thorns worn by this scoundrel or the Crucifixion of this made up walt.

A building devoted to removing money from millions of 'believers' of an invented deity deserves to be burned to the ground and not a penny of mine will go to its reconstruction.

I will buy bootleg, copies and do cash in hand jobs for every dollar of Aussie donation per capita.

Except there is no such thing as Jesus Christ, a Crown of Thorns worn by this scoundrel or the Crucifixion of this made up walt.

A building devoted to removing money from millions of 'believers' of an invented deity deserves to be burned to the ground and not a penny of mine will go to its reconstruction.

I will buy bootleg, copies and do cash in hand jobs for every dollar of Aussie donation per capita.
We lick the Queen's and officers backsides as enlisted men as if they are God or deities and we have been in the millions too.