Notre Dame Cathedral ablaze

1,063 attacks registered on Christian churches and symbols in France during 2018 and similar attacks on the rise throughout Germany. And arson is being blamed for the attack on St Sulpice, just down the road last month. Alan's snackbar left as a calling card in many cases. But for goodness sake don't point fingers at the religion of peace or.... wait one, someone's at the door.

European Churches: Vandalized, Defecated On, and Torched "Every Day"

So is Westminster Abbey, last time I looked (about ten years ago) it was £12 to get in, prayer or not.
Disgusting! I didn't know that and have always understood that places of worship could not charge an entrance fee. To be fair that was according to my mother, who was rather religious, a long time ago.

My only knowledge now is that of such places in Italy where "tourist" attractions cannot charge to enter for prayer if it is a church or cathedral but may charge to enter other certain parts of structures.

Well apparently the world is offering the French goverment money to rebuild, so in effect it is an insurance job. Fail to maintain your catherdral for a while, then botch the maintenance and burn it down. Finally generously accept foreign cash for the rebuild.

1,063 attacks registered on Christian churches and symbols in France during 2018 and similar attacks on the rise throughout Germany. And arson is being blamed for the attack on St Sulpice, just down the road last month. Alan's snackbar left as a calling card in many cases. But for goodness sake don't point fingers at the religion of peace or.... wait one, someone's at the door.

European Churches: Vandalized, Defecated On, and Torched "Every Day"
Gatestone Institute - Wikipedia
Clearly one of those totally unbiased reliable sources of information the internet is full of.:roll:

So is Westminster Abbey, last time I looked (about ten years ago) it was £12 to get in, prayer or not.
£16 now if you book in advance, more at the door. You can, however, go to evensong at 5pm Mon to Fri for free but you have to go to the main door, not the side one where they charge.
The service is about 45 minutes and you have to leave immediately after with no wandering around afterwards.

Same with St Paul's. Used to be free with just a nominal entrance fee to the lower crypt where Wellington and Nelson are ensconced.
Now it costs £18 at the door but you can go to the service for free at certain times however the crypt, domes and memorials are all blocked off during these times so you can't go exploring.
You can buy a reduced ticket online at £17.

Westminster Cathedral, however, is free entry.

You have a very weird conception of religion if you think that God is about putting out fires in old buildings !
Here’s the fickleness of religion
If there had been a huge, torrential downpour moments after the start of the blaze, god botherers around the world would put it down as a miracle, divine intervention and the almighty at work
As always, he gets the credit for all things bright and beautiful, but shitstorms are nowt to do with him, or are the work of failed humans

Today the following is on offer outside the once famous catholic church.
€1 gets you some ash.
€10 gets you some ash from the fire.
€50 will get you ash, a picture of a cry worshiper & a hail mary
€100 will get you a piece of scaffolding that burnt bright on the night
€500 you get a brick named after you for the new building & a mug celebrating the rebuilding.

Lincoln cathedral is 8 of your English pounds for basic entry, extra for roof and tower. ((We would never want to turn anyone away and therefore if you are unable to pay there is no entrance charge before 09.00 or after 16.30, Monday to Saturday and all day on Sundays.))

However, no charge if attending a service, and HM Forces (+ up to 4 family) free - ID card required.
Canterbury £12.50 unless attending a service.
You can, however, go to evensong at 5pm Mon to Fri for free but you have to go to the main door,
Those examples seem to me that such places are still free for prayer.