Notional sea mileage to NI

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Alf_Garnet_Commando, Jan 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the notional sea mileage to Northern Ireland? As in for claiming MMA to northern ireland from england.

2. Not a clue mate, but be careful with this. They won't pay for the sea trip AND the road trip, it's one or the other. If you already knew this, then sorry for teaching you to suck eggs.

3. Mate dunno about sea allowance but you do get your ferry paid for :thumright: this can be arranged with your unit before going. You also get to claim for scoff on the ferry so keep your receipts (dont order the expensive stuff though). But I think you only get mma or if you fly in you can use your army daysac like some of the numptys used to :threaten:

4. Sorry mate, should have asked, is this a leave journey or posting?

If it's leave, they'll pay MMA for your road journey but not for anything over water. Neither will they pay for your ferry unless that has changed since last time I did it.

If it 's posting, different bag of fish again. I assume they will have offered you a flight. If you then take the ferry then you are probably entitled to nowt except MMA from your port of entry.

5. Liverpool to Strangford Lough approx 40 Leagues (120Nm).