Notifications - what happened ?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Cutaway, Apr 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Since 15 Apr I've not received any notifications of replies on threads I'm watching or PMs received.
    I confirmed I was still subscribed to these threads - & have watched a couple of others since - but have had no e-mails from the site.

I realise that there have been a number of problems with the site since the Great Arrse Movement and most have been fixed, but is it only a select few that are diffy these notifications or have many other people experienced this ?
  2. Yup, me neither! :?
  3. I think its because you're a cnut...... :D
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hopefully this is now fixed .....
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

And as if by magic I have received my first e-mail from the site of a reply...

But the Fatboy is correct, I am a cnut.
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Takes one & all that :D :D
  7. Nah, the pair of 'em were made for each other... :glomp:
  8. Dads, PMs still aren't shifting (i.e. I know they only go out of my "Outbox" when people have read them), and I haven't received anything abusive via PM for days now, which is highly unusual, but not an invitation for stalkers to send me photos of them.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

They weren't talking about the movement of PMs but about the site not sending out email notifications. People were still receiving PMs fine, but just not being told about them.

I assume then that this is a new error report. However I just tested it and mine seem to be fine. Can anyone else confirm that PMs are working?
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

My PMs are working OK.
  11. Lucky you, I've received hundreds of the things.
  12. Good CO, not had any problems with my PM's, although was wondering if PM stands for perverted messages?

Lol! you know who you are!
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks folks. The_Snail, over to you.
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Bugger !

It's like déjà vu all over again...

Help GCO !
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I think I know why - we've had someone working on server security and I expect that this is related. I'll grab him now. Do you know when it started again?