Notification - Changes to Editor

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Auld-Yin, Jul 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have been getting the following notification

I am just browsing the site and have not made any changes. Not sure if it is worth investigating but it is happening more often. Started yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. I get that sometimes. It happens if you type something in the comment box and then try to move to another page without posting the comment.
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

What's more annoying is the total loss of any formatting.For example this post is in lovely paragraphswithan itemised listAnd yet it all comes out in a line.
  4. HHH

HHH LE

It's what Cabana says, the editor now has a auto save feature so that you won't lose what you have already typed.
    So the editor is just checking that you deliberately meant to move from page and not an accident.

Well that's my reading of it anyway, I'm sure the CO,s will explain it correctly.
  5. HHH

HHH LE

Have you checked your settings for the Editor ?
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

In my experience it does sometimes ask whether you really want to lose edits when you haven't done any.

I don't know how to check Editor settings, HHH. And it only happens when I'm on my work PC which is on IE6, so I suspect unsupported by the latest arrse.

It's great working for an IT company!!!! :)
  7. HHH

HHH LE

This is how you can check your Editor

Go to Your Settings, (top right hand side of page)

Then select- General Settings (near the bottom on left of page)

Then scroll down page to - Miscellaneous Options

Then Tick - Enable enhanced interface - full WYSIWYG editing (There are 3 settings for the Editor you might have to choose 1 of the other 2 depending on your browser)

Then scroll down and - Save Changes.
  8. I thought this was a News of the World joke.
  9. Absolutely correct my fine fellow...

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks HHH. I have that option set. I think the problem lies because of the IE6, as when I use my other pc with Windows Vista (yes, I know, just don't ask!) the formatting is aok.

I definitely get the 'do you want to navigate away?' popup even when I haven't typed anything, on both browsers.

Nothing serious, and I'll put up with it. There's bound to be another change along soon!
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Agree. I think it's definitely an IE problem. At work (IE) if I navigate away from a page without going near the reply box I get the 'changes not saved' warning. At home (Chrome) I only get it when I've started to type a reply and then navigated away without submitting the reply.
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well I use Chrome and still have the issue, whether I have posted on the thread or not. In fact it usually happens when I have not posted - is this something to try and get my post count up :)
  13. HHH

HHH LE

I use IE 9 & it only happens if I've typed something into the reply box.