Notification - Changes to Editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have been getting the following notification

Confirm Navigation

Changes made in the editor will be lost.
I am just browsing the site and have not made any changes. Not sure if it is worth investigating but it is happening more often. Started yesterday.

Attachments

I get that sometimes. It happens if you type something in the comment box and then try to move to another page without posting the comment.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What's more annoying is the total loss of any formatting.For example this post is in lovely paragraphswithan itemised listAnd yet it all comes out in a line.

It's what Cabana says, the editor now has a auto save feature so that you won't lose what you have already typed.
So the editor is just checking that you deliberately meant to move from page and not an accident.

Well that's my reading of it anyway, I'm sure the CO,s will explain it correctly.

What's more annoying is the total loss of any formatting.For example this post is in lovely paragraphswithan itemised listAnd yet it all comes out in a line.

Have you checked your settings for the Editor ?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
In my experience it does sometimes ask whether you really want to lose edits when you haven't done any.

I don't know how to check Editor settings, HHH. And it only happens when I'm on my work PC which is on IE6, so I suspect unsupported by the latest arrse.

It's great working for an IT company!!!! :)

In my experience it does sometimes ask whether you really want to lose edits when you haven't done any.

I don't know how to check Editor settings, HHH. And it only happens when I'm on my work PC which is on IE6, so I suspect unsupported by the latest arrse.

It's great working for an IT company!!!! :)

This is how you can check your Editor

Go to Your Settings, (top right hand side of page)

Then select- General Settings (near the bottom on left of page)

Then scroll down page to - Miscellaneous Options

Then Tick - Enable enhanced interface - full WYSIWYG editing (There are 3 settings for the Editor you might have to choose 1 of the other 2 depending on your browser)

Then scroll down and - Save Changes.

I thought this was a News of the World joke.

It's what Cabana says, the editor now has a auto save feature so that you won't lose what you have already typed.
So the editor is just checking that you deliberately meant to move from page and not an accident.

Well that's my reading of it anyway, I'm sure the CO,s will explain it correctly.
Absolutely correct my fine fellow...

Emsav
xxx

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This is how you can check your Editor

Go to Your Settings, (top right hand side of page)

Then select- General Settings (near the bottom on left of page)

Then scroll down page to - Miscellaneous Options

Then Tick - Enable enhanced interface - full WYSIWYG editing (There are 3 settings for the Editor you might have to choose 1 of the other 2 depending on your browser)

Then scroll down and - Save Changes.
Thanks HHH. I have that option set. I think the problem lies because of the IE6, as when I use my other pc with Windows Vista (yes, I know, just don't ask!) the formatting is aok.

I definitely get the 'do you want to navigate away?' popup even when I haven't typed anything, on both browsers.

Nothing serious, and I'll put up with it. There's bound to be another change along soon!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks HHH. I have that option set. I think the problem lies because of the IE6, as when I use my other pc with Windows Vista (yes, I know, just don't ask!) the formatting is aok.

I definitely get the 'do you want to navigate away?' popup even when I haven't typed anything, on both browsers.

Nothing serious, and I'll put up with it. There's bound to be another change along soon!
Agree. I think it's definitely an IE problem. At work (IE) if I navigate away from a page without going near the reply box I get the 'changes not saved' warning. At home (Chrome) I only get it when I've started to type a reply and then navigated away without submitting the reply.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Agree. I think it's definitely an IE problem. At work (IE) if I navigate away from a page without going near the reply box I get the 'changes not saved' warning. At home (Chrome) I only get it when I've started to type a reply and then navigated away without submitting the reply.
Well I use Chrome and still have the issue, whether I have posted on the thread or not. In fact it usually happens when I have not posted - is this something to try and get my post count up :)

I use IE 9 & it only happens if I've typed something into the reply box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gallowglass ARRSE: Site Issues 2
scaryspice Army Reserve 21
D ARRSE: Site Issues 5