Notice Period

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Repartee, Oct 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to leave the Army in September 2013, however I am due to be posted in July 2013. If I sign off in September 2012 what is likely to happen? Will my unit extend my posting until September and then let me leave? Or will I be forced to leave the Army in July?

2. If you sign off in Sep 12 then your discharge date will be in Sep 13. Whether you remain extended in your current assignment will be up to your MCM Div but you cannot be forced to leave early. However if you count back from your discharge date taking into account your terminal leave and any remaining GRT and annual leave you may have, then your last day in unit could be considerably earlier than Sep 13. For instance I am due to be discharged later on this month but I actually left my unit at the end of Aug.

Berlin

3. Thank you Berlin. I do not mind if I leave before September, I am only concerned that I am paid up until September. What is GRT?

4. Oh and you still working. Bad show fellow. Get it in. Get it out of them. Good luck in the future.