notice handed in

Well done you. Your addiction has cost you your job.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
On a serious note (not that you having to find a job isn't serious) what are doormen going to do with people popping in and out of clubs every 30 seconds for a fag????

I was in Brecon at the weekend where the ban is already in place, quite strange seeing everyone on the street smoking, the only upside is my kit didn't stink next day. I don't smoke and I think it's a tad harsh on the puffing billies!

Nehustan said:
On a serious note (not that you having to find a job isn't serious) what are doormen going to do with people popping in and out of clubs every 30 seconds for a fag????
They've coped perfectly well in Ireland since April 2005.

I'm sure the bouncers will adapt...

Nehustan said:
what are doormen going to do with people popping in and out of clubs every 30 seconds for a fag????
Beat them up more regularly than they before and make it arkward for them to get back in.

Nehustan said:
1/3 of the clubs will go out of business so the doormen will be on the dole anyway.

the_matelot said:
Nehustan said:
They've coped perfectly well in Ireland since April 2005.

I'm sure the bouncers will adapt...
Ahh but this is England, land of the mong chav who has human rights!

You pay over the odds for a product that may well kill you and then quit a job because a nationwide smoking ban for public places is being introduced.

Rearrange the words; two not braincells got rub to together

Nehustan said:
They're coping in Scotland - in one of the clubs, The Cathouse, they have a huge metal cage suspended from the side of the building, and all the smokers hang around there for most of the night.

Was actually quite a good gimmick.

I don't smoke so don't care, however Money in the bank is more important than principles, If i had my wife and kids depending on me , I what I would do, keep stagging on.

some of us don't have the luxury of priciples.

nodigitsever said:
notice handed in to employer

finish 1st July due to smoking ban

I have a spine
Do you live near me :?

Gizza job

no seriously giz yer job I don't smoke and I'm fekkin broke....mmmm
a poet i could be a poet

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
amazing__lobster said:
Nehustan said:
They're coping in Scotland - in one of the clubs, The Cathouse, they have a huge metal cage suspended from the side of the building, and all the smokers hang around there for most of the night.

Was actually quite a good gimmick.
I was wondering if someone would come up with a 'beer garden' type affair, but a cage on the side of a building wasn't what sprang to mind. Pretty cool...

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
the_butler said:
nodigitsever said:
notice handed in to employer

finish 1st July due to smoking ban

I have a spine
Do you live near me :?

Gizza job

no seriously giz yer job I don't smoke and I'm fekkin broke....mmmm
a poet i could be a poet
you back in Bootle H?

Perhaps it would have been less heavy-handed if they had just insisted that pubs/clubs etc had sh*t-hot ventilation and extraction systems so that non-smokers don't have to breathe it in all night. They could use a smoke testing device and the owner should have to demonstrate that their tar per square inch (or whatever unit of measurement) is less than a set amount. Job done! Expensive ventilation but a more agreeable environment all round. All we have to do now is kill the chavs.

As my old Pl Sgt said to me as a tom - if you dont like pack your bags and fook off. I and am still trying to do it after 15 years o well at least i get an ls and gc for it! 7 to push and freedom!

Latest Threads