Nothings New

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Evilgoblin, Nov 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently bought one of these new racing spoons.

[​IMG]

Was mildly amused to see that there really are no real new ideas. Below is a Roman Legionary issue racing spoon. Pointed handle is for spearing meat.

Attached Files:

2. thats not....thats a burnt sperm.

sorry.

3. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Racing spoons. Quickest way to D&V ever invented. :)

4. I´ve got a racing spoon like the above, never had D&V myself. I keep it in a little ziplock bag when not in use and clean it.

5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

There's your problem.
    You're too old fashioned.

6. I had one of those spork things, it snapped within a week of being on a bit of string in my pocket.
    I have heard that there is a titanium one, but I am yet to find somewhere that sells them. I'm currently sporting a rather nice wooden spoon on string, that I got in a pound shop ages ago, hasn't failed yet.

7. Mine snapped too, they are shite.

8. Genuine question: what would the perfect racing spoon be? Features, materials, etc? Cheers.

9. Wood or very hard plastic, deep wide bowl, long handle to get to the bottom of the bag easily. Think 'mini-ladle'.

A hole drilled into the top to attatch a cord to, long enough that you can still use it without untying it from your buttonhole.

Design classic.

10. I think it has to be a Welsh Love Spoon, here's a selection. I have the 'doubleheader'. The nunchuck variant comes in handy too though.

[​IMG]

11. Black's sell them.

12. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Apprently the spoon that you get in the Yank MRE's is quite good, its long, plastic and headwearing apparently.

13. Ooh, that's clever, a spoon that comes in the rat box. Whatever will they think of next? Common sense; it'll never catch on in the back offices of DE&S.

14. Yeah one of these, they are ok but not that squaddie proof.

Attached Files:

15. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

I dunno, on summer camp this year we were given a spoon to eat ze little yoghurts with; they didn't tell us we'd only get the one for the whole week..
    We're getting there...