Nothing, then 2 come at once....

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Perevodchik, Jan 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 130 quid so far - worth the wait I'd say :) :)
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Was the bid of £130 made by the medals office so they could get a medal back to issue - just one careful owner, full maintenance schedule available. :cry:
  3. Think how much he would have got if he were selling the PAIR - extreme rarity value, especially if he had copies of the receipt forms as proof.
  4. A mate of mine was lucky enough to be issued 2 Telic 1 medals as well.

As i haven't yet received my Telic 1 medal, he kindly lent his spare one to me last year so i could wear it for my wedding. I still haven't received my medal yet so his is still mounted on my kit!

That's 3 or 4 cases of this i've heard now.
  5. As an asside, if someone sells their medal and cannot produce it to wear on thier uniform, are they committing an offence under mil law?
  6. Surely he will have signed for this twice..........

or will the Pay Office, showing their usual competence, have lost it?
  7. So you also have a problem with pay?? - what does your pay office have to do with medals?? Strange set up in your unit. Pay Offices are very few and far between these days having been replaced by RAOs in th 90s.
  8. Alright son, put yer handbag down and wind yer neck in
  9. Hmmm, looking at your user name, one could deduce that you're a Fijiian, working in the pay office or maybe not. Anyway you sound like a complete cunty.
  10. winning bid was £229... hmmm :)
  11. Yes
  12. And to add to Percy's succinct answer above, merely selling your medals is an offence - they don't belong to you, they belong to the Crown.

This is why there are a substantial number of ongoing investigations in this area.

Selling miniatures is ok, though.