"Nothing good ever came out of America"

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I just popped out of the office to have a ciggie, and as I looked up above the Texaco garage i was met with a large advertisment announcing 'Nothing good ever came out of America', so I popped back inside and googled the phrase....came up with some very interesting hits....the blog posts would be funny if it wasn't so sad :twisted:

http://tesuji05.blogspot.com/2006/09/nothing-good-ever-came-out-of-america.html

http://blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/archive/2006/09/26/4118.aspx

http://www.flickr.com/photos/henvy/257641645/

anyone else seen them....?

(one of the commenters says its for channel 5, so I'm betting some kind of film channel, still...)

You may find that it is about a Rap music programme, i beleive there is something on a billboard near Aldgate tube.
Advertising is about getting your attention and provoking a reaction, just like modern art.
I think it has succeded

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
RedcoatGreenjacket said:
You may find that it is about a Rap music programme, i beleive there is something on a billboard near Aldgate tube.
Advertising is about getting your attention and provoking a reaction, just like modern art.
I think it has succeded
Made me smile, ironically I had a tub of 'Ben and Jerrys' on the way home. The blog entries are still making me smile...

Maccy D's and KFC for convenience and culling of the population, Ice cream in various yank guises, a few fit birds and some nice military hardware.

Nothing of consequence ever invented originally by an American (i.e. TV, radio, atomic weapons theory, computers, engines, flight etc - none of em yank originated)

They should all stay there. They are mostly OK individually, just tw*ts as a nation :)

The Hoff!

Lee Majors

Lloyd Bridges

the word 'Johnson'

Budweiser

Other than that you cold saw all the septics in half and burn them

minister_doh_nut said:
The Hoff!

Lee Majors

Lloyd Bridges

the word 'Johnson'

Budweiser

Other than that you cold saw all the septics in half and burn them
So weak watered down gnats urine frozen until your teeth hurt is a good thing?

leveller said:
umm hate to make a serious point here but a few 100,000 troops may have helped in WW1 and 2?

And I dont like them much!
Commonwealth won us WWI. Without the help of the Anzacs, Canadians and Indian troops etc we'd have struggled - the Americans turned up too late and were useless anyway.

Russia won WWII (3/4 of all german divisions destroyed were destroyed on the eastern front).

We also invented the stiff upper lip - they invented the wobbly bottom that is now infecting our country.

crabby said:
leveller said:
umm hate to make a serious point here but a few 100,000 troops may have helped in WW1 and 2?

And I dont like them much!
Commonwealth won us WWI. Without the help of the Anzacs, Canadians and Indian troops etc we'd have struggled - the Americans turned up too late and were useless anyway.

Russia won WWII (3/4 of all german divisions destroyed were destroyed on the eastern front).

We also invented the stiff upper lip - they invented the wobbly bottom that is now infecting our country.[/quot

Thats a very insular view the japs would have kicked our ass in the east and we needed the septics to push the hun back in the west or we would be comrades now.

Though 'comrade' is the near enough state we live in now

Aunty Stella said:
Nothing of consequence ever invented originally by an American (i.e. TV, radio, atomic weapons theory, computers, engines, flight etc - none of em yank originated)
)
vaguely remember a thread either on here on on Military.com, some septic was gobbing off about great septic inventions. I think it was our very own Viro_Bono that put up a list of British inventions that made me want to march to Trafalgar square in my Union Jack underpants.

Aunty Stella said:
Maccy D's and KFC for convenience and culling of the population, Ice cream in various yank guises, a few fit birds and some nice military hardware.

They should all stay there. They are mostly OK individually, just tw*ts as a nation :)
-So who invented the Airplane then?

LineDoggie said:
So who invented the Airplane then?
Got to give him that, airplane and Airplane two were funny........ but I did mention Lloyd Bridges further up the list.

The British invented the Aeroplane, but couldn't find anyone daft enough to try and drive it (aunty Stellas grandad was doing 28 days for being from dudley)

The design was forwarded to Kittyhawk where cletus and orville played soggy biscuit to see who would fly the first plane.

LineDoggie said:
Aunty Stella said:

-So who invented the Airplane then?
I distinctly remember saying "flight" and you will find it was done a long time before the Wrights (but fair play to them, they were the major players in powered flight) and the wing formation and unpowered flight were done long before them.

So, any original inventions by American citizens?