"Nothing good ever came out of America"

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Nehustan, Oct 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I just popped out of the office to have a ciggie, and as I looked up above the Texaco garage i was met with a large advertisment announcing 'Nothing good ever came out of America', so I popped back inside and googled the phrase....came up with some very interesting hits....the blog posts would be funny if it wasn't so sad :twisted:

http://tesuji05.blogspot.com/2006/09/nothing-good-ever-came-out-of-america.html

http://blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/archive/2006/09/26/4118.aspx

http://www.flickr.com/photos/henvy/257641645/

anyone else seen them....?

(one of the commenters says its for channel 5, so I'm betting some kind of film channel, still...)

2. Not true - The Simpsons.

Otherwise you find yourself empathising with their position :D

3. You may find that it is about a Rap music programme, i beleive there is something on a billboard near Aldgate tube.
    Advertising is about getting your attention and provoking a reaction, just like modern art.
    I think it has succeded

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Made me smile, ironically I had a tub of 'Ben and Jerrys' on the way home. The blog entries are still making me smile...

5. Maccy D's and KFC for convenience and culling of the population, Ice cream in various yank guises, a few fit birds and some nice military hardware.

Nothing of consequence ever invented originally by an American (i.e. TV, radio, atomic weapons theory, computers, engines, flight etc - none of em yank originated)

They should all stay there. They are mostly OK individually, just tw*ts as a nation :)

6. The Hoff!

Lee Majors

Lloyd Bridges

the word 'Johnson'

Budweiser

Other than that you cold saw all the septics in half and burn them

7. So weak watered down gnats urine frozen until your teeth hurt is a good thing?

8. umm hate to make a serious point here but a few 100,000 troops may have helped in WW1 and 2?

And I dont like them much!

9. Commonwealth won us WWI. Without the help of the Anzacs, Canadians and Indian troops etc we'd have struggled - the Americans turned up too late and were useless anyway.

Russia won WWII (3/4 of all german divisions destroyed were destroyed on the eastern front).

We also invented the stiff upper lip - they invented the wobbly bottom that is now infecting our country.

11. vaguely remember a thread either on here on on Military.com, some septic was gobbing off about great septic inventions. I think it was our very own Viro_Bono that put up a list of British inventions that made me want to march to Trafalgar square in my Union Jack underpants.

12. -So who invented the Airplane then?

13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Da Vinci? :twisted:

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

15. Why yes of course, all the major aircraft use reciprocating wings like a swallow