Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

"Notes of a Sniper" - Anyone know where to find?

I found out the other day that Vasily Zaytsev from the film "Enemy At The Gates" was actually a real bloke, and that he wrote an Account of the Battle of Stalingrad, which is called 'Notes of a Sniper'. but cant seem to get my hands on it.

Anyone know where i might be able to get hold of a copy?

cheers.

CaptainSkinboat said:
I found out the other day that Vasily Zaytsev from the film "Enemy At The Gates" was actually a real bloke, and that he wrote an Account of the Battle of Stalingrad, which is called 'Notes of a Sniper'. but cant seem to get my hands on it.

cheers.

Yeah he was real fella, even the part were he used the glove on a stick to draw the enemy snipers fire was meant to have happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if alot of it was made up though, the russians used chat bacon when it came propaganda.

scousadan said:
CaptainSkinboat said:

cheers.

Yeah he was real fella, even the part were he used the glove on a stick to draw the enemy snipers fire was meant to have happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if alot of it was made up though, the russians used chat bacon when it came propaganda.

yea your not wrong there, alot of people rekon 'major Koning' didnt even exist.

CaptainSkinboat said:
I found out the other day that Vasily Zaytsev from the film "Enemy At The Gates" was actually a real bloke,

Really?

Next you'll be telling us that Carlos N Hathcock the second is real, too.

FLASH - THIS JUST IN-THE PRINCESS OF WALES HAS HAD A BIT OF A PRANG IN PARIS