"Notes of a Sniper" - Anyone know where to find?

I found out the other day that Vasily Zaytsev from the film "Enemy At The Gates" was actually a real bloke, and that he wrote an Account of the Battle of Stalingrad, which is called 'Notes of a Sniper'. but cant seem to get my hands on it.

Anyone know where i might be able to get hold of a copy?

cheers.

Dizzee367 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Notes-Sniper-Vassili-Zaitsevs-Stalingrad/dp/0615121489

yea, dont really fancy getting it from across the pond though.

CaptainSkinboat said:
I found out the other day that Vasily Zaytsev from the film "Enemy At The Gates" was actually a real bloke, and that he wrote an Account of the Battle of Stalingrad, which is called 'Notes of a Sniper'. but cant seem to get my hands on it.

cheers.
Yeah he was real fella, even the part were he used the glove on a stick to draw the enemy snipers fire was meant to have happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if alot of it was made up though, the russians used chat bacon when it came propaganda.

scousadan said:
CaptainSkinboat said:

cheers.
Yeah he was real fella, even the part were he used the glove on a stick to draw the enemy snipers fire was meant to have happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if alot of it was made up though, the russians used chat bacon when it came propaganda.

yea your not wrong there, alot of people rekon 'major Koning' didnt even exist.

CaptainSkinboat said:
I found out the other day that Vasily Zaytsev from the film "Enemy At The Gates" was actually a real bloke,
Really?

Next you'll be telling us that Carlos N Hathcock the second is real, too.

FLASH - THIS JUST IN-THE PRINCESS OF WALES HAS HAD A BIT OF A PRANG IN PARIS

jesus, wind your neck in would ya.

thought the film was abit of fiction thats all, sorry if i dont know all of lifes great secrets.

CaptainSkinboat said:

thought the film was abit of fiction thats all, sorry if i dont know all of lifes great secrets.
haha don't worry i thought the same, the acting was terrible they didn't even attempt to sound russian.

Cockneys in Stalingrad

Apparently the german sniper who he killed, was a master instructor in the brussels school of sniping. He also had a dairy aswell, it's meant to be a boss read.

I'll try and find a link mate

Mr Happy

LE
CaptainSkinboat said:

To be Honest BB forgets how old he is and whilst he can remember the Russian sniper int reports coming across his desk he doesn't recall that some users of this site were born in 1993..

If VZ was better known, they'd have called the movie, VZ, instead they called in Stalingrad.

VZ has 242 confirmed kills, maybe a total of 500 confirmed+unconfirmed and the snipers he trained killed an estimated 3,000 in the battle of Stalingrad alone.

scousadan said:
CaptainSkinboat said:

haha don't worry i thought the same, the acting was terrible they didn't even attempt to sound russian.

Cockneys in Stalingrad

Apparently the german sniper who he killed, was a master instructor in the brussels school of sniping. He also had a dairy aswell, it's meant to be a boss read.

I'll try and find a link mate
mild mannered farmer by day, deadly sniper by night

Lucretia

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Loved the film. Would also like to read the book and diary - so can I put in a suggestion that you ask at your local library? Unless your local library is a huge university library, or similar, they are unlikely to have it on the shelves, but any library can order pretty much any book ever published (its called the inter-library lending agreement) and will get it for you for a very small fee. Much cheaper than buying it on Amazon. You will have to wait a couple of weeks for it, but you will get to read it.

Obviously this applies only to those with access to a UK library. If not - wait until you get home!