Note to those on the Norfolk and Suffolk coast

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Harsh but fair.
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. Currently on stag in the radio room of a an oil rig 45 mins off the coast of Great Yarmouth looking forward to the next couple of days !!
  4. BM, what didn't you understand about...

?????? :D :D :D

Better check the floor before you get out of bed in the morning!

5. There was a big hit in that area on the 31st January 1953 for sure, especially around Huntstanton. It swept all the way down the coastline and caused havoc.

I was in Huntstanton about 15 years ago, it didn't look that secure to me then and this was during a fairly normal storm.
  6. Maybe its God's way of getting rid of carrot crunching inbreds down here !!
  7. Hmmm live in Norfolk, up until last week was renting a house in the flood zone!

No probs now though! :) Maybe it'll cut down on some of the local inbreeds!
  8. And i thought ,this was about something serious!
  9. Has anyone read the book 'Flood', that's just been released as a movie? Hmm, strikes a chord!
  10. Drop down the link to US Serviceman Reis Leming - He got the GM for his actions that night.
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Youngest daughter lives in a house that was flooded in 1953. Some people were killed in that area. I wonder if we will have visitors tonight , same town much higher!
  12. they are also putting out severe weather warnings for north germany,, hamburg ect for tonight ,tomorrow. with snow expected in the harz mountains...batten down the hatches everywhere tonight me thinks...
  13. She live at the top of the hill in Hunstanton? I think most of the town is quite high up now.

My house was near the docks in King's Lynn, when we moved in we were given about 10 empty sandbags by the landlord.... we had a concrete garden!!!