Note sure how to get a copy of my discharge papers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by RLRowland, Jul 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im trying to join the army again, i first joined in 2008, but didnt make it through phase 1 , got back squaded for being slapped in the face by another recruit :), and then UFAS for immaturity , which was me just being a nob.

I've been into careers office 5 or 6 times in past few weeks...

At first they said , i would go on a 'look at life course' so i could be assessed before the interview , then a few weeks later they said i need my discharge papers so i can have an interview , to check if i could be accepted with conditions of my UFAS.

I told them that i'd lost/misplaced my discharge papers (not good) A recruitment office gave me a few numbers to call in glasgow , but they where adament i had to get the paper from my unit or the careers office, they said all they could supply was a Certificate of service, and the other two being a Testimonial and Discharge papers they couldn't supply.

Spoke with recruitment officer on phone , went into careers today , ended up speaking to another sgt which wasn't my careers advisor , he spoke with Sgt major , and NOW after checking some files on me they are putting me on a 'look at life' course again so i can be assessed before the interview...

But i asked just before i left , should i still try to get a hold of my discharge papers , and they said yeah they dont store files like that at the recruitment office so i would need to get a hold of em , but i've got no idea how i can get a copy of them from.

I never made it through phase 1 so i never went to regiment , so no idea who to call .

Does anyone know who i call ?

I've tried JPAC EC

(Not the best speller )

(I know im a ****** before you all tell me )
    • Like Like x 1
  2. A certificate of service is what you need, just ask for what they have on you and take that into the ACIO and also remember that seeing your a Re-enlister the ACIO want to see what your like so do what they ask, put 100% in on the Insight as this will have a massive bearing on your 203 Special have to prove to them that it is worthwhile you getting a second chance.
  3. cheers for replies guys , cant wait for the course , im gunna put as much effert in as i possibly can , i almost feel stupid asking for a second chance , but i'd rather feel stupid and get in than not feel stupid . cheers