not very special duties

the int corps forum is very sensitive about this...does anyone have any int corps, not very special duty, pearlers?

i'm intrigued....guaranteed if you post a thread on their forum it will either be:

a. locked

b. deleted

c. you will face a barage of replies like...."we will not answer this here....speak to your adjt"

now...i know that opsec is all important...but is anybody else of the opinion that the int corps are just a bit too secret...when in actual fact, we've all seen what they do in reality!

uber walting it with thigh holsters,
providing out of date briefings...
speccy tw&t LCpls who...'could have been orrficers if they wanted?'

B

Biscuits_AB

The Green Fly in Lisburn was full of people who couldn't tell you what they did for a living.

(Strangely bespectacled people dressed in Barbours)

i can imagine...i've met more than a few...invariably, its the Lance-Jack in charge of sy-ops for photocopiers big-timing it, big time!

I was on a "notional" paper exercise in a "notional" scenario, within a "notional" bunker. Those tools still had hessian up, protecting themselves from prying eyes....

Nearly everyone you meet in the Int Corps will "large it up" on how secretive their job is, however the vast majority of them are little more than AGC(SPS) clerks. Yes some do important work and some carry it out at great risk to themselves, however that is a role of a tiny minority within the Int Corps! Why else do the SD personnel get recruited for tours from other Arms and Services; because the Int guys are too comfortable at their light table w@nking over satellite imagery :D

They even get a "bag on" about their Corps journal being sold on ebay; why produce the piece of unclassified tat in the first place if you do not want anyone else to read it, honestly :roll:

watch out Renovatio...this place is crawling with slime...i got kicked out of their forum....you'll be a marked man now too...i too chuckled about their corps rag on ebay!

i think a lot of they are TAs...judging by their walted up responses

yes...but it wasn't in cambridge...i think she'd been to cambridge!

there are plenty of guys in my trade who heve transfered over from the int corps. One in particular suggested that his previous corps was full of big time wanabees who walt it round, when really all they do is check fences for holes

Bunch of big timing walts. Even the ones at Hereford don't prepare any briefings...they spend their whole time cutting out newpaper articles that mention the SAS!

Renovatio said:
Nearly everyone you meet in the Int Corps will "large it up" on how secretive their job is, however the vast majority of them are little more than AGC(SPS) clerks. Yes some do important work and some carry it out at great risk to themselves, however that is a role of a tiny minority within the Int Corps! Why else do the SD personnel get recruited for tours from other Arms and Services; because the Int guys are too comfortable at their light table w@nking over satellite imagery :D
I am quite astounded at how small minded some people on this site. Why do you think that you aren't told something?? Because you don't need to know it perhaps...?? 99% of the jobs that the Corps do are not a secret. How they go about them might be, as might where they their information from. Don't slag off something that you appear to know the square root of fcuk all bout!

Some people in the Corps can big up their jobs. Don't generalise though. Some people may have dropped odd clanger and left a weapon in Hitchin Sainsburys. I'm sure it isn't the first and I'm pretty sure it won't the last time that the Corps gets a bit of adverse publicity. But how many other cap badges haven't fcuked up long the way?? Not many I would guess.

If you want to look on this as a bite, please feel free!

4 left

I had 2 Int Corps collators working for me many moons ago, and have to say they were excellent lads. Both were Lance-Jacks at the time. The rot, I think, creeps in at about Full Screw level because they then see their god-given destiny as SD ops purely because they know what goes on (as observers though, not hands-on) The problem is of course that their promotion is so rapid that they carry a rank without gaining the normal experience that a 'teeth-arm' squaddie picks up along the way to his SD service. You then end up with Int Corps senior full screw / junior 3-bar who thinks the world, or his/her own Corps owes him/her a big favour and they will proceed to back-stab, snitch, shit-drop etc, etc,..anyone who looks like they are a promotional or posting threat. If you ever have the pleasure (hic !) of working alongside one of them, check him and his immediate area for dictaphones and taping devices.....they will try it !

Sh1t we have been busted

You are right we are just walts and we use the air of secrecy to try and hide our sub-standard clerical skills, if everyone knew the truth we wouldn't have a job. The AGC could do what takes us a day in 5 mins!

I both like and respect a man who admits and confronts his own capabilities, well done evilgenius. Now, take the batteries out of that hidden dictaphone !

The_Dragoon said:
The problem is of course that their promotion is so rapid that they carry a rank without gaining the normal experience that a 'teeth-arm' squaddie picks up along the way to his SD service.
Harsh, but fair.

The_Dragoon said:
I had 2 Int Corps collators working for me many moons ago, and have to say they were excellent lads. Both were Lance-Jacks at the time. The rot, I think, creeps in at about Full Screw level because they then see their god-given destiny as SD ops purely because they know what goes on (as observers though, not hands-on) The problem is of course that their promotion is so rapid that they carry a rank without gaining the normal experience that a 'teeth-arm' squaddie picks up along the way to his SD service. You then end up with Int Corps senior full screw / junior 3-bar who thinks the world, or his/her own Corps owes him/her a big favour and they will proceed to back-stab, snitch, s***-drop etc, etc,..anyone who looks like they are a promotional or posting threat. If you ever have the pleasure (hic !) of working alongside one of them, check him and his immediate area for dictaphones and taping devices.....they will try it !
...we still listen to THAT conversation..;)

Thank you for the honest post. The other side of the coin is that the Corps also has a lot of people who tried for various courses and were found "not suitable". Some of these then become bitter and twisted against the rest of their peers/world. There is also a huge number of Corps people who enjoy the "bread and butter" jobs and enjoy a full career with great promotion prospects. Yes. there is a lot of young, inexperienced juniors who, because of the nature of their job, are exposed to certain aspects of SDs and, unfortunately do "large" it up while OTP or in poor company. However, we are not alone in this aspect.

AF