Not THAT rifle

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Ex-Ten, Jan 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the one that should not be named is no longer manufactured, for a larger calibre "bang stick" what would the assembled inteligentia choose instead.

My three suggestions are 1: H&K G3 7.62mm, traditional and still in current production, once used by "them" in Ulster. 2: A bit more modern the H&K 417 also providing the power of the 7.62 or 3: A newer calibre (possibly the successor to 5.56) the Barrett REC7 in 6.8mm. If adopted this round will give nearly the performance of a 7.62 with the mag capacity of a 5.56.

The last two are of course M4 clones with an improved gas system.
  2. A .177 air rifle.

The thought of getting a pellet in the eyeball makes me shudder somewhat.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Or on your ******* bare shin, delivered with pin point accuracy by a 5th former at the bus stop, I still have the scar, well I was 25
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I was hit with a .22 pellet in my back whilst perusing Newquay town centre in the early hours of the morning after an all day drink-a-thon.

It dropped me, squealing to the floor like a domestically abused wife.

**** this SLR shite, get some BSA Meteors in the procurement chain sharpish.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

"Not THAT rifle "... do you mean "The love that dare not be named"?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

7. Negligent-Discharge

The Scarey One will have you for breekers C_C! She works in Theatreland and even at home says "the Scottish Play"... to which I always trumpet "Oh, you mean bloody MACBETH!"...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

We'll all be whistling next...
  9. IMAG0016_BURST002.jpg

I bought this for my lad to plink cans with but the only use its had after the first weekend is to ambush my mates when they come round. My mate Birdy went down like liquid when I popped in a couple of times in the leg from the safety of an upstairs window. The downside is I'm terrified of going to his gaff cos the daft ***** got a crossbow.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Whilst walking under a ladder on Friday the 13th!!
  11. Negligent-Discharge

... and wishing each other "Good luck!". I prefer the German "Hals und Beinbruch" anyway... sounds more menacing.
    Sorry, off thread OP!
  12. Much prefer the ebay pic of the semi naked woman, rather than you manky foot!
  13. And now he's broken it. It must have been in one piece when you gave it to him.

15. What about the issued one?