Not that funny but true

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Jokes' started by LeoRoverman, Jul 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Years ago when working as an export officer I had an entry presented for a RIB due to go the middle east. I checked the tarrif headings and found that the boat might be licenceable due to the kind of motor they were sending with it on the basis that forward and reverse were exacty the same ratios and very fast. Well we got the container turned out and ther it was this lovely bright yellow inflatable boat and the details all matched. SO Ir and up the Agent and asked for an End use certificate which he provided saying it was going for fishing. The following conversation be tween me and the DTi

Me; Yes Hi , I would like some information on a RIB we have just examined and I consider it licenceable.
    DTI; Why is that?
    Me repeated, the above with emphasis to the motor and Gearbox which didn't appear to be suitable for fishing.
    Silence ensued.
    Me ; Are you still there?
    DTI; Yes.
    Me; Getting impatient, Well?
    DTI. What colour is it?
    Me; Yellow
    DTI; well that's all right it can go.
    Me ; are you sure
    DTI; Yes that's fine it'll be highly visible so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Me: What about if they paint it?
    DTI: Have you any evidence that they will?
    Me; not specifically.
    DTI; well in that case you can release it.

Just thought it might raise a chuckle.

2. A dit about customs....

3. I've a blue one I use for fishing ...quite nice it is to.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Let's hope it's not a thread, it'll soon be filled with stories about them not having a Scooby about their job.

5. Is it national meths day?

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

And I thought I was having a shitty day.

7. Sounds like that a bisected baby is just what is needed to prevent those particular stupid genes going any further.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Could you not devise a tactful way to phrase advice to her that on some other airlines they suggest there are better methods to protect babies?

9. He was probably the same man that allowed those giant rifled barrel parts for the long range artillery piece that Iraq ordered round about 1980 was it?

10. Don't get me started.

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'not that funny' - you got that right.

• Like Like x 1