Not sure

Before I make an arse out of myself, a picture has popped up on my FB feed showing a veteran wearing a big rack of medals. I then notice a pin badge of upside down wings. So I congratulate him and asked when he served. His answer was 4 yrs. So a follow up question of Sqn and dates elicited the response of D Sqn 1999 2001. So straight away thats 3 yrs max not the 4 he claimed.
But the unusal thing for me, His capbadge was RAMC. So how many medics have badged and do any fit this timeframe? I know of only 1 and thats through a mutual acquaintance.

I bumped into a bloke yesterday who said he was Ronnie Fucking Pickering. I was so outraged, I literally died on the spot from an aneurysm.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Before I make an arse out of myself, a picture has popped up on my FB feed showing a veteran wearing a big rack of medals. I then notice a pin badge of upside down wings. So I congratulate him and asked when he served. His answer was 4 yrs. So a follow up question of Sqn and dates elicited the response of D Sqn 1999 2001. So straight away thats 3 yrs max not the 4 he claimed.
But the unusal thing for me, His capbadge was RAMC. So how many medics have badged and do any fit this timeframe? I know of only 1 and thats through a mutual acquaintance.
His sister reckons he's as mad as a brush on the current Walter Mitty thread in MoD News today.

I bumped into a bloke yesterday who said he was Ronnie Fucking Pickering. I was so outraged, I literally died on the spot from an aneurysm.
Oh gosh... I hope you get 150% better soon.

This Medic chappie...? Didn't have a Desert Eagle strapped to his hip in an Irish accent did he?

Before I make an arse out of myself, a picture has popped up on my FB feed showing a veteran wearing a big rack of medals. I then notice a pin badge of upside down wings.
Australian Paras wear their wings upside down when they serve on attachment with northern hemisphere forces. It's a reciprocal arrangement as when our lot head south you'll find their badges swing round to 'upside down'.

There a small magnet in the crown of the cap badge and the earth's polarisation does it automatically

Well thanks for all the help and advice. A few questions directed his way and he folded and admitted it was all fake.
Good story bro... has anybody booked you up for the Friday night Arrse special thread event yet?

Latest Threads