• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Not sure if you should join a Gym?

#1


Linky

However, mother-of-two Vicky Palmer, who suffered from an eating disorder as a teenager, believes the sign should be removed immediately.

‘I am not overweight yet I still find this extremely offensive and patronising but how much more so to someone genuinely overweight?
Its a pity that a photo wasnt provided of Vicky, im sure that she is beautiful inside...
 
#2
When did we all lose our sense of humour?

Local resident Alison Winter added: ‘I am shocked and disgusted that they feel they have the right to blatantly discriminate like this.’
Who's discriminating? The gym or the aliens? Mz Winter is probably a fat munter who's seen the inside of McDs far more frequently than that of a gym.

Relatively clever and humorous advertising imo.
 
#4
I'd imagine a health conscious man-eating alien would go for the protein-packed, lean meat fitties first.

Leave the scrag-end, cheap cut fat bast*rds 'til the quality supplies began running low, they'd be easier to catch, anyway.

Unless they were doing a project on tallow candles or such like.

Or old fashioned soap.
 
#8
bluntslane said:
I'd imagine a health conscious man-eating alien would go for the protein-packed, lean meat fitties first.

Leave the scrag-end, cheap cut fat bast*rds 'til the quality supplies began running low, they'd be easier to catch, anyway.

Unless they were doing a project on tallow candles or such like.

Or old fashioned soap.
Nah, fatties will have more tender and more marbled meat. I'd go for that every time.
 
#9
Carcass said:
bluntslane said:
I'd imagine a health conscious man-eating alien would go for the protein-packed, lean meat fitties first.

Leave the scrag-end, cheap cut fat bast*rds 'til the quality supplies began running low, they'd be easier to catch, anyway.

Unless they were doing a project on tallow candles or such like.

Or old fashioned soap.
Nah, fatties will have more tender and more marbled meat. I'd go for that every time.
You are Jeffrey Dahmer, gay cannibal, and I claim my tenner.
 
#12
smartascarrots said:
I for one welcome our alien overlords.

Let's see the fat cnuts try to argue themselves off the menu with talk of glands and big bones.
Ooh glands, big bones, yeah baby keep going, keep going...........
 
#13
Carcass said:
bluntslane said:
I'd imagine a health conscious man-eating alien would go for the protein-packed, lean meat fitties first.

Leave the scrag-end, cheap cut fat bast*rds 'til the quality supplies began running low, they'd be easier to catch, anyway.

Unless they were doing a project on tallow candles or such like.

Or old fashioned soap.
Nah, fatties will have more tender and more marbled meat. I'd go for that every time.
Better crackling as well.

Good ad - it was bound to get porker bleating (oinking?) over over it: More publicity.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#14
smartascarrots said:
I for one welcome our alien overlords.

Let's see the fat cnuts try to argue themselves off the menu with talk of glands and big bones.
"Look, it's too much trouble trying to prise my cheeks apart for the anal probing due to my big bones. See my skinny mate over there? Far easier, your alien Magnificence. My glands mean that all of this belly is pure fat, your cholesterol will go through the roof"
 
#16
The campaign, featuring a little green man, was meant to encourage people to join up and shed pounds put on over Christmas.

But instead slimmers have branded the ad in offensive and weight loss experts said the ‘negative message’ is more likely to drive people away.
With the enormous amount of publicity this has generated, I'd be surpised if Cadbury Gym doesn't do very well this year. Well done to whoever came up with the ad!
 

Latest Threads