Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Speaking To Me

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Or dip your todger (cold infused beverages only)

I had a Troopy once whom I looked after well.

"Boss, you want a brew?"
"Yes, Cpl Fat_Cav, and can I have it without penis please!"

I don't know if he thought I hated him that much that to plunge my impressive manhood into a boiling hot brew :?

A fullscrew at Keogh barracks didn't realise that the reason he kept getting very strong coffee in the guardroom wasn't cos we liked strong coffee or that we were trying to prevent him from sleeping.
It was to hide the fact it was made with boiled piss.

This is why there was a second kettle in the guardroom while I was on a course there.

If it doesn't involve the Mechanical Engineering Standard Toolkit I'm not interested.

(It's moving when it shouldn't be? Black nasty.
It's not moving but it should be? WD-40.
It's not working? Hit it with a big hammer.
It's still not working? Hit it with the even bigger hammer...)

Easiest course in the Army, the tech course. They took a year to teach that :)

The thing is, those of us that have served, and I’d include (perhaps a little begrudgingly, but still...) Merchant Navy and Coppers in that, know how to give and take a gentle ribbing.

Then we get some spanker coming on here and having a go at us because we served. We also know how to close ranks and defend ourselves. It was/is our #1 fvcking job, FFS. Even Monkeys and Snowdrops :)

Chef

LE
If it doesn't involve the Mechanical Engineering Standard Toolkit I'm not interested.

(It's moving when it shouldn't be? Black nasty.
It's not moving but it should be? WD-40.
It's not working? Hit it with a big hammer.
It's still not working? Hit it with the even bigger hammer...)

I was always taught:

'Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.'

But then I'm not technically minded like LAD.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Try ignoring him.
He won’t know what to do next.

Many of you seem to think that I am embarrassed about previous posts.

I am not. I stand by everything I have written in the past.

Of course Londoner's were responsible for the initial Covid lockdown being imposed. It has become painfully clear. It happened with the latest lockdown as well. Look at the images of Oxford Street just before Christmas, and where the massive growth in the new variant took place. Londoner's think they are somehow more special than other people in the UK, when the reality is the are just "special". Just because there are a lot of you doesn't make you a benefit to the rest of the country. It just makes you akin to a rash.

(Take it to the Covid forum if you want to discuss further).

Just to be clear, I have never "served" because frankly I have never felt "servile". I am sure that some of you are submissive by nature and need to be dominated by others, or feel the need for others to tell you what to do. I think some of you are relieved that somebody else is taking responsibility for your lives. Not all of us are like that. Many people are capably of successfully running their own lives and don't need the re-assurance of someone else making the decisions for them - and yes I count myself in that number. Nor would I particularly enjoy living in the kind of poverty and squalor that many of you describe during your military careers. Anyone can be poor and dirty, but I see no need to volunteer for it. I am quite happy to have been in a comfortable, successful career earning a good deal of money in the IT departments of banking and financial organisations.

You know that old bit of doggerel about men who have never been soldier thinking less of themselves? Well it might not be welcome news to many of you, but it really isn't true. Few of us measure ourselves against others, and neither do we give a damn about your jobs, and anyone who big themselves up because they wear a special uniform when doing it, really needs to get a grip on their lives. It is unhealthy. As an example, Amazon and Eddie Stobart could probably do a more efficient and cost-effective job at running the militaries supply chain needs than they do themselves, so now I am sure some of you are purple with rage at judging themselves against a minimum-wage Amazon shelving-monkey or a lorry-driver who spends a significant portion of his wages on prostitutes.

Oh by the way, I am not stating every member of the military are poorly-educated half-wits with no social skills. Clearly there many who are fine, upstanding members of society, with good qualifications and able to speak in complete sentences. It's just there aren't that many of them in evidence on this site.

Some of you will be wondering why I post on here. Good.

Do you think I care if some of you have never had children, or have never gone through rough patches when bring them up, especially when they into their teenage years. Do I regret anything I have posted or feel humiliated when people bring it up? Nope. I suspect many of you have never had families due to a lack of motile sperm or low sperm counts and feel frustrated. In a way, I suppose it is a blessing that many of you have not reproduced because the shallow end of the gene pool has burst its banks anyway.

But we digress.

Like I say, I am not particularly bothered about what a poorly-educated, socially-inept inadequates who couldn't find work in the civilian job market think (which describes many of you, not all, but a significant number).

If this site was built as a portal so that you had to prove you were in the military before being allowed to access it for viewing and posting, the site traffic would be so low that the admins would probably have to shut it down as the advertising revenue wouldn't cover the costs of running it. That must really upset some of you. That the majority of people who keep this site viable were never in the military.

I also suspect that the majority of articulate, well-reasoned former members of the armed-forces would probably not appreciate having to spend much of their time on here with some of the thread's posters. I would suggest that having civilians on the site makes it a more tolerant place for them. Of course I don't expect agreement from the former, out of a sense of loyalty towards the latter, but it is probably more likely than not.

I'm going to continue posting on here, and I honestly don't care what your search skills pull back up. At worst, all it will lead to is being added to my ignore list not because you offend me or I feel embarrassed in any way, but simply because it smacks of a lack of imagination on your part. I don't care if you object to that. Your opinion of me is not something I lose any sleep about, and if some of you DO worry about what some strangers on the Internet think about you, again you need to grip on your life because normal people don't do that. If you really do worry about what others think about you, was that insecurity driven into you in the military, or are you just more drawn to the military lifestyle if you have that flaw in your character?

Just diverting the thread for a moment, can I point out that posting the same old things over and over again does lead me to think some of you really are starting to express symptoms of dementia. It's the same people who do it, just as they are the same people who post Monty Python quotes over and over. You really need to visit your GPs because you have forgotten you have already stated something, and doing so continuously, is something that needs looking into.

It's not something you should be embarrassed over, after all none of us is getting any younger.

I have no doubt that some will take this post as evidence of complaining (or whatever colourful words you wish to use instead), or of being drawn into your cunning trap by your ingenious logic and devious word-play. That would, of course, be a stunning lack of comprehension on your part driven by an extraordinary lack of self-awareness, not an accurate description of my message.

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing this, and I hope it gets some of the usual suspects frothing at the mouth - "Servile! Servile!" - and so on. A massive meltdown from a number of you will be entertaining.

Of course Londoner's were responsible for the initial Covid lockdown being imposed. It has become painfully clear. It happened with the latest lockdown as well. Look at the images of Oxford Street just before Christmas, and where the massive growth in the new variant took place. Londoner's think they are somehow more special than other people in the UK, when the reality is the are just "special". Just because there are a lot of you doesn't make you a benefit to the rest of the country. It just makes you akin to a rash.

Just to be clear, I have never "served" because frankly I have never felt "servile". I am sure that some of you are submissive by nature and need to be dominated by others, or feel the need for others to tell you what to do. I think some of you are relieved that somebody else is taking responsibility for your lives. Not all of us are like that. Many people are capably of successfully running their own lives and don't need the re-assurance of someone else making the decisions for them - and yes I count myself in that number. Nor would I particularly enjoy living in the kind of poverty and squalor that many of you describe during your military careers. Anyone can be poor and dirty, but I see no need to volunteer for it. I am quite happy to have been in a comfortable, successful career earning a good deal of money in the IT departments of banking and financial organisations.

You know that old bit of doggerel about men who have never been soldier thinking less of themselves? Well it might not be welcome news to many of you, but it really isn't true. Few of us measure ourselves against others, and neither do we give a damn about your jobs, and anyone who big themselves up because they wear a special uniform when doing it, really needs to get a grip on their lives. It is unhealthy. As an example, Amazon and Eddie Stobart could probably do a more efficient and cost-effective job at running the militaries supply chain needs than they do themselves, so now I am sure some of you are purple with rage at judging themselves against a minimum-wage Amazon shelving-monkey or a lorry-driver who spends a significant portion of his wages on prostitutes.

Oh by the way, I am not stating every member of the military are poorly-educated half-wits with no social skills. Clearly there many who are fine, upstanding members of society, with good qualifications and able to speak in complete sentences. It's just there aren't that many of them in evidence on this site.

Do you think I care if some of you have never had children, or have never gone through rough patches when bring them up, especially when they into their teenage years. Do I regret anything I have posted or feel humiliated when people bring it up? Nope. I suspect many of you have never had families due to a lack of motile sperm or low sperm counts and feel frustrated. In a way, I suppose it is a blessing that many of you have not reproduced because the shallow end of the gene pool has burst its banks anyway.

But we digress.

Like I say, I am not particularly bothered about what a poorly-educated, socially-inept inadequates who couldn't find work in the civilian job market think (which describes many of you, not all, but a significant number).

If this site was built as a portal so that you had to prove you were in the military before being allowed to access it for viewing and posting, the site traffic would be so low that the admins would probably have to shut it down as the advertising revenue wouldn't cover the costs of running it. That must really upset some of you. That the majority of people who keep this site viable were never in the military.

I also suspect that the majority of articulate, well-reasoned former members of the armed-forces would probably not appreciate having to spend much of their time on here with some of the thread's posters. I would suggest that having civilians on the site makes it a more tolerant place for them. Of course I don't expect agreement from the former, out of a sense of loyalty towards the latter, but it is probably more likely than not.

I'm going to continue posting on here, and I honestly don't care what your search skills pull back up. At worst, all it will lead to is being added to my ignore list not because you offend me or I feel embarrassed in any way, but simply because it smacks of a lack of imagination on your part. I don't care if you object to that. Your opinion of me is not something I lose any sleep about, and if some of you DO worry about what some strangers on the Internet think about you, again you need to grip on your life because normal people don't do that. If you really do worry about what others think about you, was that insecurity driven into you in the military, or are you just more drawn to the military lifestyle if you have that flaw in your character?

Just diverting the thread for a moment, can I point out that posting the same old things over and over again does lead me to think some of you really are starting to express symptoms of dementia. It's the same people who do it, just as they are the same people who post Monty Python quotes over and over. You really need to visit your GPs because you have forgotten you have already stated something, and doing so continuously, is something that needs looking into.

It's not something you should be embarrassed over, after all none of us is getting any younger.

I have no doubt that some will take this post as evidence of complaining (or whatever colourful words you wish to use instead), or of being drawn into your cunning trap by your ingenious logic and devious word-play. That would, of course, be a stunning lack of comprehension on your part driven by an extraordinary lack of self-awareness, not an accurate description of my message.

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing this, and I hope it gets some of the usual suspects frothing at the mouth - "Servile! Servile!" - and so on. A massive meltdown from a number of you will be entertaining.
As long as you’re not bothered....

But we digress.

I read your comments with interest, and some confusion, i do think your ego has overridden your full comprehension and knowledge of all things military, as you say, you have not served, therefore you have no knowledge of the mind-set or comprehension of anything appertaining to the average soldier. Be prepared for some serious flak, and that is putting it mildly. You come across as a totally self absorbed rather prissy up his own Arse civilian waste of skin, oxygen, and rations. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

But we digress.

I could have you.

I read your comments with interest, and some confusion, i do think your ego has overridden your full comprehension and knowledge of all things military, as you say, you have not served, therefore you have no knowledge of the mind-set or comprehension of anything appertaining to the average soldier. Be prepared for some serious flak, and that is putting it mildly. You come across as a total self absorbed rather prissy up his own Arse civilian waste of skin, oxygen, and rations. Have a nice day.
I said some, not all.

I made that perfectly clear.

I don’t care about "serious flak" because let’s be honest, it will mostly be a string of poorly constructed sentences, the same cliched gifs and images, and the inevitable and tediously unimaginative Monty Python quotes.

You can’t help yourselves.

I hope the boss has thought this through and is prepared for the inevitable wrongful dismissal claim? I'm sure you've made a good case so good luck for the future.
Not a soul walks out of our door without us having a (sometimes short, sometimes longer) discussion to prepare for possible consequences. Employing people nowadays is not so easy as it was.

But we digress.

Whatever.

Can I just check first this isn't a spoof post?

No? Ok then.

You really don't have a clue what motivates people to join, or what motivates them to spend the best part of half their working life doing what they enjoy.

You have no idea whatsoever. Stick to ignorance, it appears to be a safe place for you

Can I just re-check this isn't a wind up?

anglo

LE

But we digress.

The first observation I can gather from your post is that you look down on all other people and regard them as being below you, your starting point is that you regard all military as low life, to off set that you add "but not all" you could have just named the people you hold in poor regard, but what really shows your true feeling is the comment.

"Minimum-wage Amazon shelving-monkey or a lorry-driver who spends a significant portion of his wages on prostitutes".

To slander some hardworking people like that is disgusting

A fullscrew at Keogh barracks didn't realise that the reason he kept getting very strong coffee in the guardroom wasn't cos we liked strong coffee or that we were trying to prevent him from sleeping.
It was to hide the fact it was made with boiled piss.

This is why there was a second kettle in the guardroom while I was on a course there.
Well over 40 years ago I used to work in a lab. One of the rooms had a hotplate with a metal tank on it for boiling water to test house bricks. The obnoxious wanker who was in that bit of the lab used to think he was very clever using the tank to boil water for a brew, to save the idle knacker walking to the mess room. Of course several of the other lads also realised his water tank was closer than the bogs...

Last edited:
The first observation I can gather from your post is that you look down on all other people and regard them as being below you, your starting point is that you regard all military as low life, to off set that you add "but not all" you could have just named the people you hold in poor regard, but what really shows your true feeling is the comment.

"Minimum-wage Amazon shelving-monkey or a lorry-driver who spends a significant portion of his wages on prostitutes".

To slander some hardworking people like that is disgusting
His family hate him too; that's why he comes to whine about his shïtty job and cretin of a son on an anonymous military-themed website.

He simply has nowhere else to go, and no-one else to talk to.

Tragic.

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

But we digress.

If only there were someone who could be called upon after such a thread and this post in particular,

oh wait

there is

Paging @BugsyIV this post is submitted for the attention of 'the department'

...I don’t care about "serious flak" because let’s be honest, it will mostly be a string of poorly constructed sentences, the same cliched gifs and images, and the inevitable and tediously unimaginative Monty Python quotes.

You can’t help yourselves.
Deanol turned me into a biscatross!

If only there were someone who could be called upon after such a thread and this post in particular,

oh wait

there is

Paging @BugsyIV this post is submitted for the attention of 'the department'

I'm not talking to him...

But we digress.

@deanol you claim to be a Christian and yet you have also stated that you only follow the scriptures that your agree with (don't make me use the search function please).

Your hubris is incredible, the worse I have ever seen. I respectfully suggest you look up Proverbs 16:18...

And before I forget:

jesus.jpg

Go to an Army Surplus shop, buy a kevlar helmet, go round to his house and knock on the door, put on helmet, when he comes to the door take off helmet, smash him in the grid with your helmet, call him a 'fxxking childish cxnt', then say 'I'm running the show now you skiving little sh1tcxnt, get some fxxking work done', go home, sell helmet on WaltBay.
Or diarise everything he hasn't done, every time you've tried to communicate with him, blah blah, then file a formal complaint about his lack of work, blatant skiving, how much he has put back the project, how much money he's wasting/costing the company and the fact that he's a racist.
If you don't want to do the helmet option that is.
You girl!!

Latest Threads