Not so strange days in Northern Ireland

Will he want the helicopeter tae feck off too do you think?
No level of hypocrisy surprises me with our local politicians.

This is actually a great wee show, usually only has about half a dozen displays but the shape of the bay makes for good viewing.
I normally establish myself in a wee pub and watch out the window.

Down councillor Eamonn Mac Con Midhe said: “The Red Arrows are using Down District to get publicity for the British Army.

Just shows what a total fuckwit coucillor Eamonn Mac Conty head is.
I was always under the impression the Red Arrows were RAF.

No level of hypocrisy surprises me with our local politicians.

This is actually a great wee show, usually only has about half a dozen displays but the shape of the bay makes for good viewing.
I normally establish myself in a wee pub and watch out the window.
That sounds like a good idea

ugly

LE
Apart from the usual pro arrows stuff, we normally tell easy jet light blue to **** off ourselves!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Piggy-eyed Paddy bigotry reaches even further than Heineken.

That sounds like a good idea
Last year I got so wankered at it that I couldn't face the drive home (in the back seat with the missus driving) so told her to get a round in and booked into a hotel. Cut out the fannying about this year and just booked a room.

Last year I got so wankered at it that I couldn't face the drive home (in the back seat with the missus driving) so told her to get a round in and booked into a hotel. Cut out the fannying about this year and just booked a room.
As this is a 'rumour service' could you not have spiced the story up a bit more? I mean this year you could be in yer Red Sparrows ground crew flying jacket having pulled the barmaid from the Starry Plough..... blah, blah.......... hotel booked.......blah, blah....... missus gone to her sisters..... blah, blah......... and who should walk in......... :)

As this is a 'rumour service' could you not have spiced the story up a bit more? I mean this year you could be in yer Red Sparrows ground crew flying jacket having pulled the barmaid from the Starry Plough..... blah, blah.......... hotel booked.......blah, blah....... missus gone to her sisters..... blah, blah......... and who should walk in......... :)
Have you seen what passes for a female in Newcastle (Co Down) ?!!

In a similar, but less subtle fashion, I vaguely recall that that **** Brian Arthurs had "**** OFF BIGGLES" painted on the roof of one of his barns in Cappagh a few years back. Which did make me chuckle.

Sometimes the comments on these stories can be more interesting than the story itself. Still havent worked out if this one is genuine though:

The chem trails, left by these military aircraft of state terrorism, leave a contraction of their condensation trails, that destroy the naturally beautiful, unpolluted Irish skies and are a health hazard, for all decent well bred Irish people. Other forms of British aerial spraying, such as agricultural spraying, cloud seeding, skywriting, or aerial firefighting by these insane, arrogant, extroverts, spoil the skies of British Occupied Ireland.

Furthermore the aerial trails caused by their systematic high-altitude release of chemical substances, not found in ordinary contrails, are resulting in sky tracks in Irish skies. The purpose of these chemical releases are for psychological manipulation, population control, biological manipulation.

These trails are also causing respiratory illnesses and other health problems, to decent Irish people in the north-east of Ireland. These aerial terrorists, should be decommissioned immediately, as part of the process, for some honest to goodness peace and quiet.They are disturbing the peace.

Furthermore the aerial trails caused by their systematic high-altitude release of chemical substances, not found in ordinary contrails, are resulting in sky tracks in Irish skies. The purpose of these chemical releases are for psychological manipulation, population control, biological manipulation.

[/i]
At last, a sensible explanation as to why Norn Ireland is full of nutters!

BB - If he did, he was copying a welsh farmer; he did this in the `90s as a protest against low flying fast jets. Result - lots of jets overflying at low level so they could photo it. That shed roof featured in just about every presentation by the RAF that I saw in the 90s.

BB - If he did, he was copying a welsh farmer; he did this in the `90s as a protest against low flying fast jets. Result - lots of jets overflying at low level so they could photo it. That shed roof featured in just about every presentation by the RAF that I saw in the 90s.
Shame he didn't break his neck craning to see Wx2 overhead. Hopefully he gets a long and lingering death.

I also vaguely recollect (I think) Mrs BA being stopped at a CP somewhere near Dungannon and a small terrier being put in the boot of her car amongst the groceries - that may be as apocryphal as my memory of the reasons why I should have been awarded VC for my quivering under a table in Tomislavgrad as a few shells landed there!!

Sometimes the comments on these stories can be more interesting than the story itself. Still havent worked out if this one is genuine though:

The chem trails, left by these military aircraft of state terrorism, leave a contraction of their condensation trails, that destroy the naturally beautiful, unpolluted Irish skies and are a health hazard, for all decent well bred Irish people. Other forms of British aerial spraying, such as agricultural spraying, cloud seeding, skywriting, or aerial firefighting by these insane, arrogant, extroverts, spoil the skies of British Occupied Ireland.

These trails are also causing respiratory illnesses and other health problems, to decent Irish people in the north-east of Ireland. These aerial terrorists, should be decommissioned immediately, as part of the process, for some honest to goodness peace and quiet.They are disturbing the peace.

Way back in my early days on the net when most "chatting" was done via usenet, and at a timepoint when one was expected to be vaguely civil and sensible online, I used to have lengthy "battles" with a chap who claimed that he grew up sleeping in his basement in West Belfast as the RAF carried out nightly bombing raids and that's where their shelter was. He also used to regularly publish a photo of a sandbag wall around a sangar somewhere in NI, this he claimed was the "sniper run" into his primary school, erected nightly by the men of the district, covered by the brave soldiers of PIRA in order to prevent the snipers in the British watchtowers killing mothers and children as they walked, or rather ran, to school. The Brits, he said, would knock it down each morning to clear their field of fire.

I actually met him in the flesh once. He looked a bit like a cross between Jebus and a man on the blanket, long hair, long beard, wore a monk's habit. Insisted that everything he'd said online was true, and claimed that the "fort" in Ballymurphy contained a gas chamber and only PIRA's dogged guerrilla action (including a small air wing and armour liberated from the Brits) prevented total genocide.

The worrying thing is, he had an audience. True believers.

I actually met him in the flesh once. He looked a bit like a cross between Jebus and a man on the blanket, long hair, long beard, wore a monk's habit. Insisted that everything he'd said online was true
By 'met him in the flesh' do you mean when he was brought in front of you for 'experimentation' by one of the RAF secret saucer teams who would abduct innocent nationalists and tamper with their brains under the cover of UFO's?!

Way back in my early days on the net when most "chatting" was done via usenet, and at a timepoint when one was expected to be vaguely civil and sensible online, I used to have lengthy "battles" with a chap who claimed that he grew up sleeping in his basement in West Belfast as the RAF carried out nightly bombing raids and that's where their shelter was. He also used to regularly publish a photo of a sandbag wall around a sangar somewhere in NI, this he claimed was the "sniper run" into his primary school, erected nightly by the men of the district, covered by the brave soldiers of PIRA in order to prevent the snipers in the British watchtowers killing mothers and children as they walked, or rather ran, to school. The Brits, he said, would knock it down each morning to clear their field of fire.

I actually met him in the flesh once. He looked a bit like a cross between Jebus and a man on the blanket, long hair, long beard, wore a monk's habit. Insisted that everything he'd said online was true, and claimed that the "fort" in Ballymurphy contained a gas chamber and only PIRA's dogged guerrilla action (including a small air wing and armour liberated from the Brits) prevented total genocide.

The worrying thing is, he had an audience. True believers.
Must have been a journalist for Am Phoblacht (which, roughly translated, means "Full of Shit").