[Not-Serious] Parliament Wants ARRSE

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bad CO, May 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've been approached by the Houses of Parliament Digital Engagement team who are looking at ways to get a number of websites/forums involved with what the Defence Select Committee does. It would appear that is something that the Treasury Committee does with MoneySavingExpert.com for instance.

The question is whether anyone has any suggestions as to how this could work and/or whether it is a good idea? Also what sort of things should be brought to their attention.

Let's keep this thread not-serious, I've already another started one in CA!

Further clarification added:

2. Starter for 10:

Make female (NOTE - FEMALE*) MP's honourary ARRSE maidens. Then ask for the obligatory top-bollox or naked shots. See how fast the pictures travel around the t'interweb. This is a win-win-win situation. The MP's will be able to glean voting stats for the next general election. Old'n'bold will be able to remember who their MP's are and -er- digitally engage with them, and the HoPDE team will be able to monitor internet usage stats across these fair isles.

* to exclude Harry Harperson and one or two others. We've been punished enough already.

*** Bugger. Have to change this idea for Jarrod types. ***
    *** No, neither statement of intent nor freudian slip either ***
  3. Did this request come from Nigel Evans, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons? It's alleged that he wants arse and he's not bothered how he gets it?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. They provide rent boys I'll help.
  5. I would like to apply for the Defence Committee member (ARRSE division) post. I will endeavour to carry out my duties in a dilligent manner and will be sending in my parlimentary expenses in due course.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Has anyone warned them about the threat of Mumsnet?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I assume that in this context 'digital engagement' isn't a euphemism for Ravers' 'HQ1' game (see his post about the taxi driver).

I do not seek digital engagement, Mr Deputy Speaker.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I'm a dab hand at digital engagement and enhancement.

Will there be freebies and expenses to be had?

PS. How long you reckon before the post count on this thread overtakes the other?
  9. Surely by now someone should have demanded the return of the rifle that we-dare-not-mention?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. oh me.....pick me!

Happy to tell the young 'uns in today’s HOC how it was in Maggie’s day - that rifle, those planes, them ships.....all gone now.....all gone.....<sob>.

ah yes....I remember the days young 'un back when men were men and sheep on Brecon were worried..... And you were no more than a stain in a pair of day glow shreddies..... We had real rifles that could reach out and do some damage....and Vulcans, and Buccs...and aircraft carriers with real aircraft..... "

Is that what they want? I can do that....

I need a snooze now.
  11. I have no idea if this would work but well done to the HoC for at least making an attempt to engage with the lunacy that is ARRSE. Now, compare this to the Home Office and ACPO reaction to InspectorGadget and Nightjack, the two best police blogs on the Internet and now sadly no more. On a warning note, I just hope that the site owners vision of what will happen matches the reality.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I am already filing my expenses claim
  13. Make it an invite only forum and make Auld_Yin a moderator. He's the perfect man for the job and everything he says makes perfect sense and as he's been out the military longer than the SMLE was in service I'm sure the closed group will blossom with his relevance.

The arse-badgering cock monger.
    • Like Like x 8
  14. I think a group of a few sensible few ARRSERs that know what they are talking about and are prepared to help, this would have to be set up within a closed group, or a group that is visible but only open to posting by those selected. This would stop the more laity members from making us look like complete bell ends.