not organised at all

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by laurencarter, Jul 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody experienced just how un organised TA units are?

My doctor sent back my medical form last week so i thought i would call in the centre on parade night to ask them whether they had received it. The admin guy said that he had. There were medicals going on this weekend, and selection in a couple of weeks so the recruiting person said they will push to get me on them, and she said she would call me to let me know either way. However i didnt hear anything so i rung up, and spoke to the admin guy who then said that he had not got my form it was somebody elses. What an prat how can you mistake a name for somebody elses. He then said it must have got lost in the post, and i would need to get another one done from my doctors.

I am so annoyed it took my doctor ages to do it. However what worries me the most is that is was my medical records that just seem to have gone missing.

I am just wondering though if my doctor did some sort of covering letter it would have my old address on it, and maybe he thought it was not mine because the address was different, but surely you would question the same name. I have not give my doctor my nw address. I am just hoping that this is the case. Im just so pissed off with it all. :x

2. quit now, it will only get worse........GET ON THE BUS.....GET OFF THE BUS!

3. msr

msr LE

If this sort of thing winds you up this much then the TA is probably not for you.

msr

4. It only seems disorganised because you're new to it. The Army system does generally work but it's not fast, which is often interpreted as inefficient and is certainly frustrating.

The system works on the basis of lots of people doing specific tasks. Unlike a civvy organisation, these people often are not in contact with one another so if your documents don't arrive at the end of the chain when you expect them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're lost. If your point of contact tries to trace them, he'll have two people he can speak to - the person he/you sent them to and the person he would get them back from. The person they were sent to will say that they've been passed further along the chain (even if they're still sitting on his desk due to an oversight) and the person they're due to come back from won't have a clue what it's all about, not having yet received them (even if they're still sitting on his desk due to an oversight).

You'll learn that you mustn't fret about delays (unless you're responsible for them - but that's a different matter). Learn the art of Transcendental Meditation. It helps, believe me.

5. GET ON THE BUS!!!!!!!

6. msr

msr LE

GET OFF THE BUS!!!!

7. Hello?! :)

8. haha

9. Hurry Up!

and wait :p

10. Smocks on...

11. msr

msr LE

Don't get a sad on, get a mag on and stag on.

msr

12. You're in your own time now!! :)

13. msr

msr LE

My wife's ugly and my supper is a salad :)

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

So you are too idle or stupid to get the doctor to change your address details, and any paperwork that may or may not have gone missing is now the fault of the TA and not yours?

The only admin feck up here is YOU! Double away recruit feckwit, and reshow with brain engaged.

15. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

'kin hell Dukester, did you have a bad weekend or something? :D