Not opening day but the first in our little wood

ugly

LE
70 acres of woods, 250 pheasants and so far 1/3 of a ton of feed but the birds are there, the guns just need to shoot straight.

The first bird of the day by Tony the GSP man.
A smiling beater despite the weather;

The bag, not bad for 3 hours of heavy rain and a lot of bnirds saluted!

The Guns;

The Beaters;

Not fantastic but the shoot is coming on and we have only had it for about 18 months.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Well done Ugly - I'm glad you got it working without losing to theft!

ugly

LE
Thanks mate, got any 28 bore felt wad carts in?

Well done, a lot of smiling faces there. Good to see the young ones enjoying themselves too.

ugly

LE
Both my sons shared my gun going a drive apiece but only one got a shot off. Its difficult running a shoot and actually taking part. Now we are up and running I will be able to swing a gun next time and I may use either the 28 or 20 bore guns.
The guns all are allowed a guest day and most of the shoot is walking with occaisional guns as stops apart from a couple of drives where only 2 guns can walk and the remainder stand, then turn around and we drive the birds back over them from the oother way.
Still its all good fun and even if the guns dont get more than a couple of birds each thats down to their shooting rather than the showing of the birds!

Fcuk me Ugly - do they have a bus service in your village?

The gene pool amonst your beating team looks more like a damp spot. :D

This is the 9th season on our shoot and we've just had 3 x hundred bird days, which is way beyond any previous bags.

ugly

LE
Dilfor said:
Fcuk me Ugly - do they have a bus service in your village?

The gene pool amonst your beating team looks more like a damp spot. :D

This is the 9th season on our shoot and we've just had 3 x hundred bird days, which is way beyond any previous bags.
Cheeky tw@t, trhats the wife two of my kids, myself, a mate and a another mates son. Ergo our village (250, 000 pop) has a train service too! :wink:
Not to put any young fillies from dropping in for impregnating!
Maths may be iffy!

ugly

LE
Far enough away to keep the steers and piers at bay!

ugly

LE
Our deer seasons are much more forgiving, no bag limits here anyway and all round the year we can shoot species and sex permitting. No tag applications, hunter licencing or outdoor cards and yet we are still overrun with them!

We have a lot of deer as well, and the population keeps increasing. They aren't the real problem, it is the wild boars. We can shoot them anytime, no requirement for a license, nor is there a bag limit. There are a lot of wild turkeys (a flock of 30+ birds) especially two pieces of property west of me. My next door neighbor told me that one of the hunters feeds them year round so they are always running around our area.

ugly

LE
We have no bag limits on any game here and anyone can shoot it provided they can pay whats required either for the land or the person to take you there! A lot of shooting here is arranged by friends and no money changes hands!

ugly said:
We have no bag limits on any game here and anyone can shoot it provided they can pay whats required either for the land or the person to take you there! A lot of shooting here is arranged by friends and no money changes hands!
It use to be that way here in America, until the 1920s and they just about drove White Tail deer to extinction, with over hunting. There is still a lot of federal and state owned land that everyone has access to. Now the white tail deer number in the 30-40 millions.

Really I can't complain, I only paid $1 to hunt. That is one benefit they give us in the military, normally it costs $15.

Attachments

ugly

LE
Better rules than Canada then, the state owns everything even if shot on your own land unless its a game preserve! Insanity!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ugly said:
The Guns;
I always wondered what became of Uncle Fester.
Neat trick taking the head off the dog for symmetry too.