Not in our name say UK Muslims

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bugly, Jul 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is good news.

Link to story
  2. It's needed.
  3. good on them but i hate the phrase "uk muslims" why can't they just be british citizens end of.
  4. You can't have it both ways. You can't continue to point out that it's Muslims committing these crimes/attacks and then not want them to identify as Muslims coming out against them. At least they call themselves British Muslims.

5. true at least it's a step in the right direction still can't believe NHS doctors were involved sickens me as my mum is a nurse
  6. about time, if they keep it up , the terrorist will get teh message hopefully and will find no hiding place.

the Muslims do need to stand up and be counted and to show that they do support Britain 101%
  7. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

The day after 7/7 a leader of Britain's muslim committee had the following to say:
    " Muslims were killed in this action and this is against the teachings of islam."
    Who the fcuk was he trying to appease?
  8. Rayc

Rayc RIP

The bombers were from the Tablighi Jamaat, the same organisation that wanted to build the largest mosque in the world in London "to bring spiritual solace" to the Moslem athletes who would come for the Olympics.

Instead of all these billboard publicity, the Moslems of Britain should ensure such organisations as the Tablighi are not allowed to practice their form of radical and fundamentalist Islam.

Tablighi Jamaat: Jihad's Stealthy Legions

Details of the Tablighi

Their Markaz [HQ] in Europe is at Dewsbury, England.
  9. Anyone says anything against Muslims they are out on the streets deman ding they be killed . I will believe they don't support the terrorists when I see the "moderate Muslims" handing over those who do support terrorism to the police.
  10. NHS doctors, yes...British doctors, no. Big difference.
  11. Where does this information come from Ray?
  12. If the above quote turns out to be true, I can't help thinking this..

"Well Mr Brown we have done what you asked and have declared not in our name, NOW can we have this nice big Mosque you refused us earlier?"

Cynical I know but.........time will tell
  13. I'll believe them when they clean up their own house first.

If the moderates are in the majority then they could, should they be inclined to do so, bubble the radical trouble makers, kick out the radical imams from both their mosques, communities and even persuade them to get out of the country.

Secondly, they could do themselves the greatest service by publicly and visibly acknowledging that they are British first and belong to whatever religion they fancy second.

Sorry, but ads in the paper and billboards are worth about as much as a politicos promises at election time.
  14. My bold. I'm sorry I disagree. They do themselves the greatest service by acknowleding they hold the same values as the rest of us first.

At last we have the "normal" muslims saying something we can all get behind.

I think that this is a first step. Hopefully there will be more.

15. They are already doing as you ask, but our press in their infinite wisdom have not found it woth while to pass that on. Even so where do you think the security services are getting much of their info from for example. Yes the moderates in the community need to recruit more to their ranks and be more public about their activities, so when they try you figuratively raise two fingers to them, do you think that helps, in many ways your attitude is as much of the problem as the radical clerics.