Not in our name say UK Muslims

#1
This is good news.


'Not in our name' say UK Muslims


British Muslims are borrowing a phrase used by UK opponents of the Iraq war in a new campaign condemning attacks in this country.


The "Not in Our Name" campaign will be launched with advertisements in national newspapers on Friday under the title "Muslims United".

The move was prompted by the failed car bombings in London and Glasgow and organisers hope the campaign will emphasise how ordinary Muslims reject terrorism.
Link to story
 
#4
tommy_cooker said:
good on them but i hate the phrase "uk muslims" why can't they just be british citizens end of.
You can't have it both ways. You can't continue to point out that it's Muslims committing these crimes/attacks and then not want them to identify as Muslims coming out against them. At least they call themselves British Muslims.
 
#5
piespies said:
tommy_cooker said:
good on them but i hate the phrase "uk muslims" why can't they just be british citizens end of.
You can't have it both ways. You can't continue to point out that it's Muslims committing these crimes/attacks and then not want them to identify as Muslims coming out against them. At least they call themselves British Muslims.

true at least it's a step in the right direction still can't believe NHS doctors were involved sickens me as my mum is a nurse
 
#6
about time, if they keep it up , the terrorist will get teh message hopefully and will find no hiding place.

the Muslims do need to stand up and be counted and to show that they do support Britain 101%
 
#7
The day after 7/7 a leader of Britain's muslim committee had the following to say:
" Muslims were killed in this action and this is against the teachings of islam."
Who the fcuk was he trying to appease?
:(
 
#8
The bombers were from the Tablighi Jamaat, the same organisation that wanted to build the largest mosque in the world in London "to bring spiritual solace" to the Moslem athletes who would come for the Olympics.

Instead of all these billboard publicity, the Moslems of Britain should ensure such organisations as the Tablighi are not allowed to practice their form of radical and fundamentalist Islam.

Tablighi Jamaat: Jihad's Stealthy Legions

Details of the Tablighi

Tablighi

Their Markaz [HQ] in Europe is at Dewsbury, England.
 
#9
Anyone says anything against Muslims they are out on the streets deman ding they be killed . I will believe they don't support the terrorists when I see the "moderate Muslims" handing over those who do support terrorism to the police.
 
#10
tommy_cooker said:
true at least it's a step in the right direction still can't believe NHS doctors were involved sickens me as my mum is a nurse
NHS doctors, yes...British doctors, no. Big difference.
 
#11
The bombers were from the Tablighi Jamaat, the same organisation that wanted to build the largest mosque in the world in London "to bring spiritual solace" to the Moslem athletes who would come for the Olympics.
Where does this information come from Ray?
 
#12
PartTimePongo said:
The bombers were from the Tablighi Jamaat, the same organisation that wanted to build the largest mosque in the world in London "to bring spiritual solace" to the Moslem athletes who would come for the Olympics.
Where does this information come from Ray?
If the above quote turns out to be true, I can't help thinking this..

"Well Mr Brown we have done what you asked and have declared not in our name, NOW can we have this nice big Mosque you refused us earlier?"

Cynical I know but.........time will tell
 
#13
I'll believe them when they clean up their own house first.

If the moderates are in the majority then they could, should they be inclined to do so, bubble the radical trouble makers, kick out the radical imams from both their mosques, communities and even persuade them to get out of the country.

Secondly, they could do themselves the greatest service by publicly and visibly acknowledging that they are British first and belong to whatever religion they fancy second.


Sorry, but ads in the paper and billboards are worth about as much as a politicos promises at election time.
 
#14
cdo_gunner said:
I'll believe them when they clean up their own house first.

If the moderates are in the majority then they could, should they be inclined to do so, bubble the radical trouble makers, kick out the radical imams from both their mosques, communities and even persuade them to get out of the country.

Secondly, they could do themselves the greatest service by publicly and visibly acknowledging that they are British first and belong to whatever religion they fancy second.

Sorry, but ads in the paper and billboards are worth about as much as a politicos promises at election time.
My bold. I'm sorry I disagree. They do themselves the greatest service by acknowleding they hold the same values as the rest of us first.

At last we have the "normal" muslims saying something we can all get behind.

I think that this is a first step. Hopefully there will be more.

Heed.
 
#15
cdo_gunner said:
I'll believe them when they clean up their own house first.

If the moderates are in the majority then they could, should they be inclined to do so, bubble the radical trouble makers, kick out the radical imams from both their mosques, communities and even persuade them to get out of the country.

Secondly, they could do themselves the greatest service by publicly and visibly acknowledging that they are British first and belong to whatever religion they fancy second.


Sorry, but ads in the paper and billboards are worth about as much as a politicos promises at election time.
They are already doing as you ask, but our press in their infinite wisdom have not found it woth while to pass that on. Even so where do you think the security services are getting much of their info from for example. Yes the moderates in the community need to recruit more to their ranks and be more public about their activities, so when they try you figuratively raise two fingers to them, do you think that helps, in many ways your attitude is as much of the problem as the radical clerics.
 
#16
Heedthebaw said:
cdo_gunner said:
I'll believe them when they clean up their own house first.

If the moderates are in the majority then they could, should they be inclined to do so, bubble the radical trouble makers, kick out the radical imams from both their mosques, communities and even persuade them to get out of the country.

Secondly, they could do themselves the greatest service by publicly and visibly acknowledging that they are British first and belong to whatever religion they fancy second.

Sorry, but ads in the paper and billboards are worth about as much as a politicos promises at election time.
My bold. I'm sorry I disagree. They do themselves the greatest service by acknowleding they hold the same values as the rest of us first.

At last we have the "normal" muslims saying something we can all get behind.

I think that this is a first step. Hopefully there will be more.

Heed.
I'm not so sure Heed.
The "Not in Our Name" campaign will be launched with advertisements in national newspapers on Friday under the title "Muslims United".
I think that the campaign is being used a panacea to distract attention from the fact that many of these 'moderate muslims' hide and protect those of their community who are committing these acts of terrorism.

When any of their 'community' are arrested they come together to deny that 'our Ali' could belong to such a group, and condemn the police for 'profiling' muslims - bit like the the actions of parents of chavscum thugs really.

Until they hand over those who preach hatred, and the killing of non muslims, I find it hard to believe that there in sincerity in their campaign.
 
#17
I think it's excellent news. Maybe these failed attacks will tip the balance in favour of the oft-quoted 'peaceful majority'.
 
#18
As long as radical Muslims seek unification I doubt it.


Moderate Muslims

"Indonesia is the most populous Muslim nation on the planet. It is also regarded as a moderate Muslim nation. Lilis Lindawati of Tangerang, a satellite town just outside Jakarta, might dare to disagree. She was arrested for being a lone female out at night. She was bundled into a van whilst she was waiting for a bus after finishing her shift as a waitress. She was charged for being a prostitute despite the fact she was married, had two children and was three months pregnant. The evidence for her being a prostitute? She was wearing too much make-up and was wearing 'tight' clothes. She repeatedly protested that she was married but the police and the judge refused to contact her husband to check her claims. The judge even stated, “There is powder and lipstick in your bag, that means you are lying to say you are a housewife.” The mayor defended the decision saying, “A good girl would not stand in the street with that kind of dress.” The mayor also happens to be the brother of the Indonesian Foreign Minister, Hassan Wirayuda. It was simply a show trial aimed to control how women dressed. Lilis Lindawati was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was jailed for three days. Twenty six other women were also charged for similar 'offences'.

This is a foretaste of the new Indonesia. Draconian censorship laws are before parliament that will curb freedom of expression in film, theatre, literature, photography and the media in general. They will also ban displays of public affection and curtail how women dress.

Yes, you say – but this is just the actions of a few conservatives. I wish. As it turns out so-called moderate Muslim organizations also support the new laws. The only people fighting them are a coalition of artists, intellectuals and feminists; people we might regard as progressive.

The term moderate means little. It only has meaning in relation to a position that has been defined as extreme. A moderate is simply someone who is less extreme.

This is where many in the West have been fooled. They grab onto to the term moderate Muslim as if the 'moderate' in question believes the same sort of things a moderate Westerner might. This is often far from the truth. Many moderate Muslims are very conservative by Western standards. So much so that the term moderate is next to useless. It is a Western term that has little bearing on the reality of Islamic politics."
 
#19
rockape34 said:
Heedthebaw said:
cdo_gunner said:
I'll believe them when they clean up their own house first.

If the moderates are in the majority then they could, should they be inclined to do so, bubble the radical trouble makers, kick out the radical imams from both their mosques, communities and even persuade them to get out of the country.

Secondly, they could do themselves the greatest service by publicly and visibly acknowledging that they are British first and belong to whatever religion they fancy second.

Sorry, but ads in the paper and billboards are worth about as much as a politicos promises at election time.
My bold. I'm sorry I disagree. They do themselves the greatest service by acknowleding they hold the same values as the rest of us first.

At last we have the "normal" muslims saying something we can all get behind.

I think that this is a first step. Hopefully there will be more.

Heed.
I'm not so sure Heed.
The "Not in Our Name" campaign will be launched with advertisements in national newspapers on Friday under the title "Muslims United".
I think that the campaign is being used a panacea to distract attention from the fact that many of these 'moderate muslims' hide and protect those of their community who are committing these acts of terrorism.

When any of their 'community' are arrested they come together to deny that 'our Ali' could belong to such a group, and condemn the police for 'profiling' muslims - bit like the the actions of parents of chavscum thugs really.

Until they hand over those who preach hatred, and the killing of non muslims, I find it hard to believe that there in sincerity in their campaign.
Of course if you will not hold out the hand of peace to them, why the h*ll should they hold out their hand to us.
 
#20
Of course if you will not hold out the hand of peace to them, why the h*ll should they hold out their hand to us.
... are you saying then, that when in our country they should have the rights to convert us by force, deny our culture? - they are the ones that state that they have integrated into our society, when in fact we are expected to accede to their mores.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads