not getting to vote

My partner was only told a couple of days ago about what they were doing tomorrow. Turns out lots of the regiment is being made to take part in a sports day thing a few hours away from base, its an all day event (setting off at 6am, not coming back till 9pm'ish) but as i said, they were only told a couple of days ago so now all those with walk in votes wont be able to vote. They have basically stopped them voting, is this allowed?

oldbaldy

LE
Polling stations don't close till 10pm.

To an adult?! They are! And basically all 'adults' there dont seem to be doing their job, they do what involves the least amount of paper work.

Tbh your partner is just taking a blag to meet up with his fancy lady in a travel lodge

His unit is probably putting buses on to go to the polling station while he is plunging someone's wife on the patch

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
My partner was only told a couple of days ago about what they were doing tomorrow. Turns out lots of the regiment is being made to take part in a sports day thing a few hours away from base, its an all day event (setting off at 6am, not coming back till 9pm'ish) but as i said, they were only told a couple of days ago so now all those with walk in votes wont be able to vote. They have basically stopped them voting, is this allowed?

Like all Service folk, they have the choice to Proxy, Postal or vote in person.

Everyone in the UK who votes in person runs the risk of being unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances: Broken down car, sudden ill health, work shifts changing, meteor strike etc etc.

If their vote is that important to them, then they should have made provisions to ensure they could cast it to prevent a UFO from beaming them up and probing them on polling day. Just like every other adult in the UK who is eligible to vote.

So yes, this is allowed. Is it good management springing short notice plans, no not usually, but I suspect that this sports event was on the FoE for more than a couple of days - they don't just happen. Unlike a meteor strike.

Can you change your OP please, "they" have not "basically stopped them from voting". Your partner made a poor choice and as an adult must accept that.

I bet you and your partner are the kind of folk who don't pay for holiday insurance and then moan when leave gets cancelled?

Am I right?

Very helpful

If it was my unit I'd point out the issue to an adult and request to ditch the enforce "fun" day of sports
Tbh your partner is just taking a blag to meet up with his fancy lady in a travel inn.

His unit is probably putting buses on to go to the polling station while he is plunging someone's wife on the patch
Very helpful :(:D

X59

LE
Phone in sick.

Get to vote and a day on the piss too.

No idea why you feel the need for the start of that post Gimp, it has nothing to do with what I'm asking. The unit may be putting buses on for those that are there but as I said, lots of them are being sent 3 hours away for the day!!

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
No idea why you feel the need for the start of that post Gimp, it has nothing to do with what I'm asking. The unit may be putting buses on for those that are there but as I said, lots of them are being sent 3 hours away for the day!!

Life is so unfair.

He should sign off, and return any medals to 10 Downing Street with an angry letter.

A female squaddie would probably adorn the ballot sheet with doodles of cats rendering the paper spoiled anyway.

Latest Threads