Not Fit to deploy but still in the army?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by FR_Trooper, Nov 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know of two infantrymen who have told me they are both unfit to deploy in afghan (bad knees, cracked ribs ect) but are still in the army, why are they still in if they cant be deployed, wouldnt they be discharged? can they be deployed somewhere else, and are banned from afghanistan due to the intensity of fighting ,or banned from all operations?

2. Cracked ribs usually heal and knees can sometimes be fixed with an operation aswell. No point in booting someone out just because they will be out of action for a few months or so.

3. Not very spirited is it, binning someone because they are undeployable ? Aside from the fact that the very nature of the ailment may be existent as a result of operations..

I was P7 for a year, I even missed a tour, I didnt weep, I banged out 4 days a week running an RP shift and spent the other 3 tomming a grungey barmaid from Weymouth and sending 'from he to she' mailorder gender reassignment catalogues to the boys..

4. Depends on their medical history, depends what is actually wrong with them. I know a person who, in the past, was deemed unfit to do a tour in NI (IIRC he was graded P7, HO NNI). After bending the ear of the RSM and Adjt about deploying in a TAC HQ role was fecked off at the high port and told to enjoy rear party. He missed out in getting ACSM medal by 30 odd days, such is life.

5. I don’t suppose you could be a smidgen more specific. 8O

6. and sending 'from he to she' mailorder gender reassignment catalogues to the boys..[/quote]

I know a Pl Sgt who kept getting sub/dom catalogues, some sort of rubber fetish stuff that i found. I like to think i brightened up his tour :D

7. I was ordering them all the time on Agricola, a lad was waiting for mail for ages and he went apoplectic when a big shiny white envelope gave up its prize of a brochure adorned with a fat bloke sat in lingerie with a crap wig on..

8. I was ordering them all the time on Agricola, a lad was waiting for mail for ages and he went apoplectic when a big shiny white envelope gave up its prize of a brochure adorned with a fat bloke sat in lingerie with a crap wig on..[/quote]

good skills and drills.

9. :D

10. knew a sgt got an interview with the int corp about the dangers of mail order brides from russia :twisted:
    his wife had just left him and the lads were just trying to help :twisted:

11. Those who served in HQ MND SW will no doubt fondly remember the contact magazines and lingeries catalogues sent to Private Tommy Slavgrad. Honestly the BFPO, I checked nominal roles at BL but there was no Private Slavgrad on them. There was an A/L/Cpl Slavgrad but his initials weren't T.*

*Warning, this may be a bare-faced lie.

12. HQ MND SW, possibly having ownership of one of the greatest pig boards ever assembled, my teeny pecker fair near jumped out of my khaki slacks when I was presented with a polaroid of a ginger woman licking her own milk drenched booby whilst p*ssing in a public toilet and cupping her pregnant belly

13. There was a Driver in 33 Sqn RCT when I was @ Bunde who wasn't allowed to drive anything except his own car or shoot a weapon 8O
    Something to do with his nerves IIRC!!! How mad is that?

14. My old lot are in the 'Ghanners at the minute, been thinking of something comedic to send certain individuals; cheers pal!