Not Entirely SFW: Germapult

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by msr, Nov 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

http://jelly.b3ta.com/questions/shitstories2/post135643

For seven months Newtie was stationed at a point know as “shake hand alley”. It was called this because the apposing trenches were so close that it felt like you could almost shake hands with your enemy.
    Being this close was, of course, incredibly dangerous. Tunnels were being constantly dug and filled with explosives, Snipers had it very easy and there were constant raids to each trench. A man serving in shake hand alley was a man walking with death.
    The men knew this. The constant reminder of death made them search for ways to lighten up the mood. One of the favorites was the Germapult.
    The Germapult was a large wooden catapult which had been built by the many carpenters out of spare wood from the trench walls. Over the years it had been there some men had become expert marksman with it. My Great Granddad admitted that the Germapult was about as lethal as cotton wool, but, nothing boosted morale more than knocking off a German officer’s hat with a dead rat.
    Anything that could be used as ammo was;

Rats – dunked in lamp oil, set alight and flung
    Legs, arms, heads of fallen Germans.
    Cups of piss (left to ferment over summer)
    Letters tied to rocks with lovely messages like “fuck off”
    And, of course, SHIT. Lots of British shit.

2. Maybe we could ressurect this, and have a "Frenchapult", a massive one that we could use to fling frenchies back across the Channel!! Also would have many uses for the Immigration Dept i feel!!

3. Could also make a 'Walt-a-Pult'

Hat... Check
    Coat... Check

Taxi...!

Edited for Mong spelling

4. Funniest thing I've read in a long time. Thanks for this. I'm still giggling at it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    You have to admire the inventiveness of these tommies.
    I'm quite adept at creating foul odours myself, and had I been there I think I would have been sat at the other side of the Germapult. :D

5. Now that is funny, thanks for that.

6. Biological warfare in its infancy? :wink:

7. Was he a Buff or a Black & Tan?