not eligable????

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by nuffz, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. iv just received an letter from litchfield stating that i cant join the army because of excema and the fact that i have been using steroid creams my question is, is there any way around this and what can i use instead of steroid creams or any creams for this matter
    thanks nuffz
  2. rpobably better off posting this in the health and fitness forum.
  3. I think the rules are you have to be four years clear of eczema and medication before they will proceed.
  4. yes i realise this but going without treatment is not an option however i dont have bad at all really do you now of any treatments that arnt steroids
  5. If you're reliant on it, sounds like a bit of a necessity to you, and therefore comes about the "what if you're in the field and can't get your meds" trail of thought..
  6. The reason for the strict policy is for your own protection, bear in mind the conditions we are often required to work under, not to mention running around in a CBRN suit etc (Or is it still NBC?) the lack of water at times and so on.

Your Eczema would be excacerbated big style, you could become a liabilty not to mention the fact that there are many ambulance chasing lawyers out there who would just love to further dent the defence budget with a claim on your behalf.

I truly sympathise with you.

Why not get involved with ACF or something in the hope that you will eventually grow out of your eczema as some do?
  7. Sorry but you wont get in regardless, Exczema is Exczema, it is exacerbated by dusty conditions and also humid climates, and as long as you have it, you will not get into the Army unfortunately ;)