Not awight - what really happened at Michael Barrymore's gaff.

We'll never know what actually happened as it was a complete cluster **** of an investigation from start to finish and there was no evidence taken at the first post mortem because it was classed as a non-suspicious drowning.

If anyone really cares about it then chase up Dr Mike Heath, lives in Norfolk, who did the first post mortem, former Home Office pathologist who did the post mortem and resigned from the H.O. register before he was pushed, for ******* up a load of other cases.

The problem with that is that the everyone (police included) who came onto the crime scene assumed it was suicide, trampled, moved and removed evidence. So you could not conclusively prove who had moved/removed something.

I have not seen the programme, but I heard the producer interviewed on Jeremy Vine t'other day. He talked about the crime scene clean up, and potential removal of evidence. For example, a large, phallic shaped pool thermometer that could possibly have been covered with contained dna and fingerprint evidence. The thermometer was always at/in the pool and then suddenly it was gone.

Interesting point put forward on the radio: There were only 8 people there, just arrest them all and charge them all with murder, remand them all in custody and see who squeals, someone always does.
No evidence though, certainly not post mortem.

No evidence though, certainly not post mortem.
If I was in a scuffle with someone where they ended up dead, or just topping someone and there was a convenient pool onsite I would drop them in. Bleach/chlorine and water pretty*1 much should screw up a multitude of physical and dna evidence. Then remove any other objects involved, get away from the scene bin your clothes, take a shower and you are pretty much good to get away with it.

Note: *1. I'm not a forensics person, but I did a few months attachment with the scenes of crime DS and he used to schimpf about water contamination ruining evidence. Also some bleaches are known to destroy dna, which is why clever robbers in the US prefer bleach for destroying dna - there are a couple of types of bleach family and one works better than the other.

Jammy66

War Hero
It seems that everyone at the 'party' were known to Barrymore and each other apart from the victim. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems hard to understand how they can all claim not to know what happened, and if so they've gotten away with it so far so why would any of them say anything now that could implicate themselves.

The documentary suggests at least several were directly involved and indeed several were arrested.

With Barrymores recently almost come back on the dancing show, it seems this docu was timed as a further blow to his chances of a new TV career. What a shame.

If I was in a scuffle with someone where they ended up dead, or just topping someone and there was a convenient pool onsite I would drop them in. Bleach/chlorine and water pretty*1 much should screw up a multitude of physical and dna evidence. Then remove any other objects involved, get away from the scene bin your clothes, take a shower and you are pretty much good to get away with it.

Note: *1. I'm not a forensics person, but I did a few months attachment with the scenes of crime DS and he used to schimpf about water contamination ruining evidence. Also some bleaches are known to destroy dna, which is why clever robbers in the US prefer bleach for destroying dna - there are a couple of types of bleach family and one works better than the other.
It wasn't a forensic (Home Office) post mortem though. Nothing suspicious, it was just an accidental death.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
With Barrymores recently almost come back on the dancing show, it seems this docu was timed as a further blow to his chances of a new TV career. What a shame.
Yep.

Which certainly puts paid to the rumours that he is untouchable due to having friends in high places, who are keeping him out of jail and who helped him get immediate residency in New Zealand.

Yep.

Which certainly puts paid to the rumours that he is untouchable due to having friends in high places, who are keeping him out of jail and who helped him get immediate residency in New Zealand.
It happens a lot. The police tell you the cause of death they want and you find it.
Newspaper sales man in London, Dr Freddy Patel...?

Dexter walt.....

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
It wasn't a forensic (Home Office) post mortem though. Nothing suspicious, it was just an accidental death.
Thats right there is a difference, before you become a forensic pathologist you must first become a Pathologist...Keith Simpson said that.

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
I suspect what happened was that he probable drew attention to himself at some point in the evening perhaps he was too nice maybe naive and after a lot of alcohol taken he most likely fell asleep or was overcome with drugs and raped, with death following somehow ....i'm guessing a lord of the flies type situation,..i have generally lived by the saying that nothing good comes from drinking with strangers.

I suspect what happened was that he probable drew attention to himself at some point in the evening perhaps he was too nice maybe naive and after a lot of alcohol taken he most likely fell asleep or was overcome with drugs and raped, with death following somehow ....i'm guessing a lord of the flies type situation,..i have generally lived by the saying that nothing good comes from drinking with strangers.

Even when I've persuaded a lady into **** sex...... I've never killed them.

Well, that's the case cracked, thanks Clouseau.

Thats right there is a difference, before you become a forensic pathologist you must first become a Pathologist...Keith Simpson said that.
I stood through plenty of post-mortems in the bowels of a couple of hospitals and on one occasion Doc John the pathologist was merely doing a basic formality PM which involved more or less only checking the body for a pulse, ID and other blatantly obvious features and characteristics. He signed off to pass the PM off to the Home Office approved bloke from Bristol to do the full monty. It was an Indian girl who had been topped by her relatives for the usual dishonour out of wedlock.

Wasn't it only about an hour, or an hour and a quarter between arriving at the place and neighbours saying they heard screams/disturbance? If it was booze he must have been putting it away big time.

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
Even when I've persuaded a lady into **** sex...... I've never killed them.
if he'd had a bucket of drink and drugs he could easily just have been left after he'd been raped with the object his head could well have just slipped underwater or he might have even slipped into the pool i find it hard to believe he was deliberately killed ...as someone has said no one is ever going to know unless someone comes forward.

But one things pretty certain ...only luck (which includes Police incompetence)allows a person to get away with murder, you don't plan it and get away with it ,especially in a setting like that after a lot of alcohol, i mean can you imagine the conflab in the kitchen after the body was found? how long do you think an innocent person could keep that up under caution?...within 15 minutes you'd fold like a burning mars bar.

Last edited:
if he'd had a bucket of drink and drugs he could easily just have been left after he'd been raped his head could well have just slipped underwater or he might have even slipped into the pool i find it hard to believe he was deliberately killed ...as someone has said no one is ever going to know unless someone comes forward.

But one things pretty certain ...only luck (which includes Police incompetence)allows a person to get away with murder, you don't plan it and get away with it ,especially in a setting like that after a lot of alcohol, i mean can you imagine the conflab in the kitchen after the body was found? how long do you think an innocent person could keep that up under caution?...within 15 minutes you'd fold like a burning mars bar.
Shut up man. You are talking fking bollocks.

Latest Threads