Not awight - what really happened at Michael Barrymore's gaff.

You are either taking the utter piss, or rather you once appeared on Jim'll Fixit and now suffer from Stockholm Syndrome (and a sair hole)

Aye his charity work was great, but f*ck knows if it was solely done to grant him access to vulnerable kids (hint, it probably was). The man was a f*cking beast, and it doesn't behoove anyone to use the tired cry of "PC gone mad!" in an attempt to whitewash the life of a predatory paedo who operated with impunity, whilst simultaneously accusing victims of sexual assault of lying and compo chasing
Sir Jimmy was a great bloke, so what if he felt a bit rapey now and then.... don't we all?
Jim was a Green Lidded fixer of fun and a bally hero to everyone except the poxy snowflake generation.

No Barrymore was the one doing the adverts, remember "A finger of fudge is just enough" ?
Felt a lot bigger than a finger...

Sir Jimmy was a great bloke, so what if he felt a bit rapey now and then.... don't we all?
Jim was a Green Lidded fixer of fun and a bally hero to everyone except the poxy snowflake generation.
Everyone gets a bit rapey on occasion. The difference is most of us don't get caught, or give to charity.

morsk

LE
Yeah, all that work Hyatt does for police departments, social work, the FBI, and major US corporations is just ******* around isn't it
Those peole you all mentioned are americans. Barrymore was tried by the British system. Hyatt is american, so I for one won't actually care what he said, or indeed any other american, you reactionary fool

This is another bit of the story

Police asked him if he had been raped or sexually assaulted, DC Sodergren told the court, adding: “He said he had not been, he agreed to them as he felt pressured to do the things.

Why bother interviewing someone who no one is claiming to have raped/assaulted someone else?
"He(or she) said yes but only under pressure"; you wouldn't want that as your defence these days, no? I do wonder if this is going to be a stress test of how much tolerance for horrible behaviour from celebrities has really changed.

Leslie Grantham. I'd like to place on record that I'm the fourth person to mention his name on this thread.

I didn't want to feel left out.

I say again, capacity to consent
Like I said an adult male isnt claiming rape, isnt even claiming a crime. No one is. So why would the police interview an innocent man?

Serpico

War Hero
Can't say I've ever felt a bit rapey around kids tbh chief

He only joined the RM because he heard two of their officers talking about "juniors" "wearing short skirts" and "getting wet"

"He(or she) said yes but only under pressure"; you wouldn't want that as your defence these days, no? I do wonder if this is going to be a stress test of how much tolerance for horrible behaviour from celebrities has really changed.
That would be a bit of a stupid defence? You would say "He (or she) said yes".

The parties I go to never end up in a fatal ænal fistiñg in a jacuzzi.

The worst scenario is the vicars wife's Victoria sponge has a soggy bottom.

Serpico

War Hero
Like I said an adult male isnt claiming rape, isnt even claiming a crime. No one is. So why would the police interview an innocent man?
Eh? I'm not sure the victim decides what constitutes a crime

@labrat is spot on. I suppose you think a hardon would trump any case of supposed rape of a male by a female?

Chef

LE
This is another bit of the story

Police asked him if he had been raped or sexually assaulted, DC Sodergren told the court, adding: “He said he had not been, he agreed to them as he felt pressured to do the things.

Why bother interviewing someone who no one is claiming to have raped/assaulted someone else?
Fair point, the difference between rape and seduction being salesmanship.

The parties I go to never end up in a fatal ænal fistiñg in a jacuzzi.

The worst scenario is the vicars wife's Victoria sponge has a soggy bottom.
I've seen someone fist themselves with a concrete gnome, it breaks the ice at parties

That would be a bit of a stupid defence? You would say "He (or she) said yes".
It would be a very poor defence indeed. It would be an even worse prosecuting counsel or investigating officer who didn't pick up on it...

Eh? I'm not sure the victim decides what constitutes a crime

@labrat is spot on. I suppose you think a hardon would trump any case of supposed rape of a male by a female?
I'm pretty sure if he says he hasn't been raped. then he hadnt been raped. Him feeling a little sad over his relationship isnt enough for police action.
Half the British army have fucked females who may have regretted it in the morning, it doesn't mean they have committed a crime. just because it's poofs involved doesn't make it any different.

Last edited:

Londo

LE
Michael Barrymore.......
I do not want swimming lessons from this man

Serpico

War Hero
I'm pretty sure if he says he hasn't been raped. then he has been raped. Him feeling a little sad over his relationship isnt enough for police action.
Half the British army have fucked females who may have regretted it in the morning, it doesn't mean they have committed a crime. just because it's poofs involved doesn't make it any different.
Riiiiight. Just like all those women who "walk into doors" and deny being a victim of domestic abuse, the victims denial causes the crime to never have happened. Nothing to see, carry on

The lad says he wasn't raped but felt compelled to have sex unwillingly due to other influences. That certainly sounds a lot like sexual abuse.