Not awight - what really happened at Michael Barrymore's gaff.

Even without his alleged wrong doing, I was hoping I’d seen the last of the unfunny twit. I know the 80s and 90s were an odd time, but how did he ever become one of the highest rated and paid entertainers of his day?
By inviting a number of very influential TV executives to lavish, no holds (holes) barred private parties I suspect...

Surely this is a job for retired commissioner lord two dads and his merry gang of incompetent fantasists to investigate. Oh wait a real crime took place better get some real detectives to investigate

Does the coroner have a selection of medical grade fruit handy to size up these kind of injuries or is he just winging it ?
When asked to quantify "the size of an orange", the coroner responded, "Well, larger than a lemon but smaller than a grapefruit.".

Definitely grounds for a peel.

When asked to quantify "the size of an orange", the coroner responded, "Well, larger than a lemon but smaller than a grapefruit.".

It was the juice wot dunnit.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Even without his alleged wrong doing, I was hoping I’d seen the last of the unfunny twit. I know the 80s and 90s were an odd time, but how did he ever become one of the highest rated and paid entertainers of his day?
Lazy commissioning. Why the hell are we still enduring Strictly year after year?

After the crap I had this morning, my aperture feels the same size and is probably the same colour as a large Blood orange.

Handed out his slack hoop to high ups in the entertainment busness like a box of Smarties?

philc

LE
When Barrymore decided to "come out" he did it at a well known Gay pub down the East end, it was at best 1 mile from where the Sun/NOW editorial staff worked at Wapping, of all the places he choose there as his ego thought, I am alright, they love me. Er no, various people in the pub at the time could not get to the newsroom fast enough.

Odious man, vile crime I hope never to see him on TV again.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Always have been surprised tha someone lost their life in what even in the most generous circumstances could be classed as suspicious and nothing has ever been proved or fully explained.

Several arrests, suing for false arrests, claimed of injuries being inflected post mortem, claims for damages for wrongful arrests (never paid),

Jimmy Saville has been condemned and his very existence airbrushed and expunged out of the positive shared memories of people of a certain age based on very little actual evidence other than 40 year old accusations of "he made me sit on his knee" from attention seekers and compo chasers. Those sorts of stories could be easily reported on the TV news as they gave very little detail away and the Court of Public Opinion took over the judgement of the case as they imagined what might have happened back in the 70s.

Barrymore's party on the other hand provided the investigating team with evidence aplenty and a swimming pool full of DNA swirling around in the slime. Booze, photos on mobile phones, poppers, latex elbow length gloves, pots of industrial strength lube and dungeon toys..... and a lad floating face down/bum up with some of his insides on the outside... that sort of stuff is a bit too strong though to include on the TV news. Instead it gets reported as a 'sex party gone wrong'. The blue rinsed old dears who loved him never got to hear of the arse like a blood orange and so his memory is intact...and that's why, after just a few years in hiding, he is being tempted back onto the screens. I expect he'll be on I'm A Celeb so he can get a chance to rekindle his career as Mr Niceguy

"Awight at the back?! .... worrabout the backside?"

Latest Threads