"not as if they are walking down Watford High Street"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Radical_Dreamer, Feb 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffairs/story/0,,1706746,00.html

It only makes sense that they would not put a civilian in charge of the tri-service prosecuting authority.
    This is also worth a read:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/10/narmy10.xml

2. He's obviously never been to Watford.

3. They probally will put a civilian in charge though. My bets on the most obnoxious,PC, lefty they can scrape off the bottom of the barrel. This is an oppotunity not to be missed in appeasing the anti war brigade !!!

LT.

5. If you read my previous posts on this subject you will see that I have always defended the right of the army to operate, unhindered by risk aversion and ambulance-chasers, on operations. I've also voiced my sympathy with the poor old SIB, caught as they are between a rock and a hard place.

Nonetheless, I agree with this:

For a Lt. Col. to be able to exercise some sort of mystical perogative over an allegation of murder, in a war zone, is nonsensical in the 21st Century. It is a conflict of interests that jars with natural justice and the spirit of almost every piece of legislation that exists with reference to criminal law.

If the army were properly supported with robust ROEs and political will then this perogative would be unnecessary anyway.

The Human Rights Act and the ICC are the issue here; we need to derogate from both vis a vis the British Army on operations.

Veg.

6. Abu Hamzas lawyer is not busy at the moment, anyway, what is wrong with Watford on a Saturday night, thousands of drunks, a handful of cops, typical night out. A drink or 10 in 'The Moon under' will make you realize the average age is just over 14.

7. Thinking the same. Perhaps Sir Jock had a bad experience? :? In any case, he got his point across.