Not another shit town thread but;

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ugly, Jun 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm part way through reading a book on the V1s and how turned agents were used to give false reports back making the Germans alter their aim. Now I know thats all a bit history thread but there was an ethical dilema involved, almost as bad as bending (allegedly) the Knickebein beam and letting Coventry get redeveloped by Herman, in that you know now that some other poor sod (s) is going to cop an awful headache, the sort you dont wake up from.
    My question has to be, You are the head of MI5 and you can chose which UK town gets the diverted V1 weapons.
    Where and why, I dont want answers that say its a shithole or a bit shit as that describes most of this sceptic isle. Dig Deep and come up with some good imaginative reasons and I will be happy!

That said anywhere in Wales is generally acceptable but deemed to be too far for the weapons even when air launched!

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Why put it into any town? If you can convince them they're firing 20 miles too long you could drop them all over northern Kent. There'd be a few casualties but quite a lot of farmers would be happy with the new duck ponds - think of all the new shooting possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. London. Purely for selfish reasons. I'm driving there soon and since I probably can't find someone who'll take my car into the city for a tenner, I'll need lots and lots of space, preferably coupled with the eradication of road signs indicating left side driving. I'd print out the route I have to take and divert every V1 into its path untill I'm sure I can easily find my way by following the rouble. The end destination could get a few extra V1's to mark the spot, in case I miss it.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I like your style butI think thats how the place got to looking like it does now!

5. Agree with Hull, I work there and its grim, Holderness road should be the point of impact.
    Also Bridlington, its half boarded up and full of coffin dodgers, gypsies and doleys anyway, it would smarten the place up a bit!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I personally feel that anywhere east of tenterden in Kent could only be improved but I would like to nominate hastings. Its a town that has failed dramatically, has a labour council and the ugliest tory MP going. I cant think why the illegals congregate there or the locals tolerate them but for the epicentre of an air launched strike it has to be up there with Hull!

7. Newport in South Wales. Nowhere will you see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. The welfare budget could be slashed by about 10% if it got leveled, therefore solving Call Me Dave's welfare dilemma.

Then people paying through the nose to stay at the Celtic Manor (aka Ringland Castle) wouldn't have to overlook the shitty council estates.

Having said that, if a V1, V2, or preferably an ICBM, hit Newport Town centre I don't think anyone would notice the difference. Other than the chip wrappers all being burnt away and the chewing gum on the floor melting and moving position slightly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bollocks! That's Swansea out then.

9. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Too late. Apparently that was done in 1944.

10. If you're going to drop them on Hull could you give Markintime an early warning? He'd be missed on here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maidstone .... then they may have the chance to develop a traffic system that works , also never seen any good looking women there but that would also bring Edenbridge into the frame , used to drive through Edenbridge often and had a competition running with a mate who also had the place on his commuting route ..... we never saw a fit female .

12. and on the upside it would remove the obese, mouth breathing chavs.Result.

• Like Like x 1