Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Not another bloody online shopping search engine!

I came across this on the web and my first thoughts were "OK, another online money making scam", after reading a little, I then changed my mind slightly and thought "Well its just another online search engine and there are hundreds of those around", but finally after reading it all, I decided that it might actually be worth a go. First things first, its not a scam because it's totally free, secondly as far as I can see, the worst that can happen is that you make zero money.

The concept is simple in that instead of using an on-line shopping comparison site, this one sets one up for you and you shop using your own portal. You then get the affiliate commission on anything you buy from your own store. Ok this is fine but what if the prices are crap? Well as I spend most of my money on-line on PC stuff, I decided to test it out and signed up (at no cost, in less than 1 minute, no bank deatils, no credit cards or anything dodgy). I then went to my new shop and searched for a Graphics card. the shops it came back with were ones I would potentially use anyway (Novatec, Micro-direct, Evasham etc). So I was pleasantly suprised.

The supposedly bigger money comes from the "pyramid" (although they hate that word) aspect of the site, by referring others to the site (yes just as I am doing), as before you get a percentage of the affiliate commision.

However, I fail to see how you can lose. If the prices are not the lowest you can find, don't buy from your own shop), if they are, buy from it and as well as getting the good price you will get some commision off of it.

Here is the link http://www.ei42.com/?10845480

If any one can see a con in this please let me know.