Not about current affair but something more important

Ukesh

Swinger
Hi all,

I just have a serious thing to ask about. If, for instance, you failed or did not get enough points to proceed to ASOB Main Board or if you did not get successful in your ASOB MB team excerises then, is it possible to switch the application from a regular officer to a regular soldier instead? And when I do switch my application, then will I have to start it from the beginning or proceed to the Initial Phase Training if you have already passed the AC during the Officier selection?

Yes. However You are ideal army orficer material.
Apart from the forum issue (better in the recruiting forums for future referenece)

You can switch to Soldier if you fail AOSB. Depending on your category you may be able to reattempt, but there is likely to be a long delay at the moment due to the current reductions in spaces, etc.

Some of the best soldiers I have known and commanded failed AOSB. Some of the best officers failed it, soldiered and then commissioned (what used to be called Late Entry).

Good luck.

Ukesh

Swinger
Thank you for your reply.

As you said, I can switch my application to soldier but when i do then will I have to start it from the beginning (like filling the medical and family details and questionaire) or can I proceed straight to the Initial Training Phase 1? Because even in the officer selection process you have to pass the AC.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
There is a Candidate Support Manger (CSM) at AOSB whose sole role is to enable those who do not progress, into soldier roles. The tests at AOSB, intellectual and physical, are mapped against soldier entry too. Speak to your CSM who will have the contact details for him.

Halloumikid

Not sure if you fall into the best category though.

I jest, of course!

If I had done AOSB while at uni I would have failed, 3 years of reserve soldiering and life experience later I was ready to pass.
I would have made a rubbish DE officer. By going the LE route, both I and the Army got best VFM out of my (varying) abilities. That’s the joy of the Mob. There is a way for all talents and skills to be used and new ones discovered.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would have made a rubbish DE officer. By going the LE route, both I and the Army got best VFM out of my (varying) abilities. That’s the joy of the Mob. There is a way for all talents and skills to be used and new ones discovered.
I didn't pass RCB, as was, and have had a long and fulfilling 'career' in the reserve including commissioning after being a LCpl. I do regret not having gone further as an NCO but then would have missed other opportunities.

I didn't pass RCB, as was, and have had a long and fulfilling 'career' in the reserve including commissioning after being a LCpl. I do regret not having gone further as an NCO but then would have missed other opportunities.
Besides which, if I’d passed RCB I wouldn’t have met Mrs Devex. Ironically one of my first jobs as an LE Captain was as Education Advisor to a Reserves Board at Westbury. So the circle turns. Yes, by choosing one path we close of others but I’ve never been much on the “Sliding Doors” philosophy

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Besides which, if I’d passed RCB I wouldn’t have met Mrs Devex. Ironically one of my first jobs as an LE Captain was as Education Advisor to a Reserves Board at Westbury. So the circle turns. Yes, by choosing one path we close of others but I’ve never been much on the “Sliding Doors” philosophy
I’d never have spent 9 years in HK and then met Mrs BA and all the rest.

Latest Threads